RRT Demo

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

RRT Demo

Unread post by jaymz »

Sadly while I will be doing a demo, the minis will not be painted. It is just too damned cold of late to get them primed. ( I do not use and do not like brush on primer as it takes to much time to do). So I will be running the demo unpainted.

The demo takes place at my local spring con at the end of March. Unless it warms up soon (as in in the next few days) I just will not have the time (with work etc as well) to get them painted and I'd rather unpainted than partially painted.

My question is, should I still do the demo or put it off until Septembers con when I will have them painted?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Prysus
Champion

Re: RRT Demo

Unread post by Prysus »

jaymz wrote:Sadly while I will be doing a demo, the minis will not be painted. It is just too damned cold of late to get them primed. ( I do not use and do not like brush on primer as it takes to much time to do). So I will be running the demo unpainted.

The demo takes place at my local spring con at the end of March. Unless it warms up soon (as in in the next few days) I just will not have the time (with work etc as well) to get them painted and I'd rather unpainted than partially painted.

My question is, should I still do the demo or put it off until Septembers con when I will have them painted?

Greetings and Salutations. I'm not actually an M.A. (at least not in the traditional sense, but I do think I have some M.A. stuff all the same so not sure on the technicalities), but if you're asking opinions then ...

I'd say running the demo unpainted could be interesting. Naturally, it won't have that same eye-catching detail as a fully painted demo, but might be a useful demonstration all the same. Some people may think they won't have time for the painting and such (that's the kind of mentality I'd have, and one of the reasons I've avoided such endeavors as RRT), and seeing how they look unpainted could be useful for those like me (maybe thinking they don't look too bad unpainted, or "Eghads!" those are horrible without paint).

Now, I think totally unpainted COULD be a problem. What I would recommend however, is to paint a few. I know you don't want "partially painted," but it could serve a purpose. My thought is to paint only the leader type models. Kind of like how in an anime leaders (or main characters) often have distinctive paint jobs. This helps draw the eye to them (and can help give that feel maybe?), as well as a demonstration of how they look fully painted. So whether people decide the paint really makes them eye-popping or the paint doesn't do as much as they'd hope, they have a good visual all the same.

The rules, I think, will handle themselves (either people will like them, or they won't). Painted and unpainted can help gain a cosmetic perspective that's otherwise missed. With that said, it might make you (as an individual) look amateurish (if people don't approach it with the same mentality, or don't understand the reasoning: "Wow, how lazy, he didn't even paint his models? Sooooo pathetic"), so you should take that into consideration as well. Those are just my thoughts though. Take them for what you will, as in the end only you can decide. I'm not a table top type of player, so I could be approaching this all with the wrong mentality. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

As usual, your feedback is always welcomed and appreciated Prysus :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Dude... Go unpainted, or as I like to call it 'Au Natural'. Demoing is about the game.

Sure, painted minis are always better, but demoing 'Au Natural' is better than not demoing at all.

Game ON!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

:ok: :ok:

\m/
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Phaze wrote:Dude... Go unpainted, or as I like to call it 'Au Natural'. Demoing is about the game.

Sure, painted minis are always better, but demoing 'Au Natural' is better than not demoing at all.

Game ON!

Absolutely agreed.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”