GalactiCon in Valparaiso, IN

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

GalactiCon in Valparaiso, IN

Unread post by Phaze »

I will be running some Robotech RPG Tactics at the Con on October 18th in Valparaiso, Indiana.

Go to http://www.galacticgregs.com for details.

4 Demo quick demo games - 1-2 hours each.

Game times to be anounced soon.

If there is another MA out there that can run a Rifts, HU, or other Palladium game at the con let me know, I will try to get another table.

Thanks
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: GalactiCon in Valparaiso, IN

Unread post by NMI »

That looks doable for me.

I know you posted the link, but can you tell us a bit about this Con, assuming you ever attended it before?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

This ia a small con sponsored by Galactic Gregs in Valparaiso, IN.

It will be held fro 9AM to 9PM on October 18th at the Butterfield Pavilion.

I was there last year and ran some tactics with paper minis and a demo set of rules. We had a good reception, and even ran into a couple of MAs. They run alot of CCGs and Heroclix. Also the area has a decent size RPG crowd and a group of W40K players that love to hate on GW...lol. It is near Valparaiso University so it gets a good college following, along with a large number of the older gamers...like me.

Should be a good time!

I reserved a 10' X 15' space. Another Robotech Fanatic and I are planning on running 6 (yes... six) 2 hour demos. If our Kickstarter boxes don't arrive we will resort to paper minis. In the early afternoon I want to have a showing of Rifts (or any other Palladium system) as well.

This isn't written in stone yet, and I would glady sacrifice a couple of Tactics games if I had another MA that wanted to run something. The spot is payed for so there would not be any cost to the MA.

Preliminary Game times are as follows:

Table 1

10am - 12pm Robotech RPG Tactics (City fight)
1pm - 3pm Robotech RPG Tactics (City fight)
3pm - 5pm Robotech RPG Tactics (City fight)
6pm - 8pm Robotech RPG Tactics (Space Battle)

Table 2

10am - 12pm Robotech RPG Tactics (Mars Base)
1pm - 4pm Heros Unlimited RPG
6pm - 8pm Robotech RPG Tactics (Mars Base)

Edit reflecting latest update.
Last edited by Phaze on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

See your pm.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Done...

Heros Unlimited inserted.

Any MAs willing to do a Rifts Game at this con?
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Sorry to double post... Just got confirmation

They have a 10 X 15 area set aside for me along with two tables and chairs. They will also post an image on thier web site to advertise.

This is what I came up with to send them, but I am going to hold off until I can get someone to run a Rifts game... Come on MAs...You know you wanna. :-D I would love to have a united Palladium front in this area.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/Palladium_Demo_poster.png

Thanks!
emmasam
Newb

Unread post by emmasam »

You would not need to give away product of your own stock. Being a MA means that you would have Palladium's help on rewarding your players and GM's for the effort that they put out to contribute to the expansion of the word of a great game system.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

emmasam wrote:You would not need to give away product of your own stock. Being a MA means that you would have Palladium's help on rewarding your players and GM's for the effort that they put out to contribute to the expansion of the word of a great game system.

Oh yea... I sent in the swag request a while ago and got confirmation it was recieved and is in the works.
CenINGM
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by CenINGM »

I would have to take a look, Valpo is about 4 hours away, but being a Thursday could present....issues. If I can make it, I will run a Rifts game. NOTE: my standpoint of a "beginner game" Includes basic Character rolling. SO if I can run, Factor in about 1 hour for basics.
" I don't recall where I parked the Samas.." Last words of a Sama operator ambushed by a Psy Tech
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Its a Saturday. I think you may be looking at September.

The Con is October 18th.

It would be cool to get you there.
CenINGM
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by CenINGM »

yup, totally looked at september lol. We will see, any fees/processing I should be aware of? kinda just skimming on lunch....
" I don't recall where I parked the Samas.." Last words of a Sama operator ambushed by a Psy Tech
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Nope... I took care of all fees. Your on your own for lunch however. :)
CenINGM
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by CenINGM »

So galaticon is a no go,drill that weekend, If I thought I could make it, I would. but new facility, lots of moving in to do.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Sorry to here that. NMI and I will have a great time. Thanks for trying.

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”