Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaversal Ambassadors

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:48 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Hello I am very excited that my dead reign game has taken off. I use a local phone book and a ward map. This has caused players to scout places in town to search and has given them ideas on where to set up safe houses and routes to travel to scavenge. I have seen some of them at the local Home Depot or Lowes "shopping" making scavenging wish lists. They come to the local Comic Shop ready to game and they share on our Face Book Group what direction they want to go... this FB Group also gives me a few days to plan their encounters and make them work for their goals. I have added survivors that depend on them. This seems to push them into conflicts with both the local militant forces and the large groups of Retro savages. My only concern is Oklahoma does not have any major metropolitan centers where the death priests would be around. I will be bringing in a harvester and his minions but I want this to be an epic encounters any suggestions?

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:26 pm

D-Bee

If you have already established some sort of relationship with militants and Retro Savage I would continue to run with those. Being that it takes place in Oklahoma I would expand on the Retro Savages definitely. Doing Retro Savage villains can be a fun exercise in how boisterous and fanatical you can be. "Sin and damnation for your all", "God will not forgive you", "Give up your arms and join us under the eyes of the lord", etc.

Most likely, due to the area, Retro Savages could have membership in the hundreds. This will give you a fairly large range of what kind of skills and supply's they could have. Below is a few ideas of what you could run with that could turn into some sort of epic encounter.

1. Have a person escape from the Retro Savages base and find your players. The NPC could convince them to go to the Retro Savage base and take them out. "My [wife,sister,brother,son, daughter] is still there and I need your help to rescue them", "That place wasn't heaven, it was hell and they need to be stopped", etc. Or on the other side the NPC could be leading your players to a trap.

2. Have a small Retro Savage team find your players or be unknowingly scouting them reporting their position back to the base for a surprise attack. Obviously work this one out based around what your players done previously.

3. Have your players find the Retro Savage base and have it be well supplied. Well, well supplied for Retro Savages. This is the "Ooo-shiny" approach. Lots of stuff that they could have, just needs a bit of planning and murder. Great for inner-group discussion "No, we don't want to hurt these people. There not all bad". "Na, Lets talk all their stuff. They are all evil".

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:47 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

hey thank you for the ideas... I tell you it is funny that in all the rifts games I have been in and ran that in this Dead Reign game with the two groups running out of this one safe haven they have founded there are a few cut throat players that seem to balance out my few hero types. Because my Dead Reign game I do not limit the Alignments and even the most blood thirsty of the group has a heart of gold at times... Its funny because one of my regulars has a 13 year old nephew that comes in from time to time an is playing a 13 year old half living kid... with little to no skills but the party even the black hearted survivalist killed the raiders that shot at him to the last man and the one that shot him they used as live bait to clear out the supply cache the raiders stumbled onto... I think that Dead Reign has made it to the top of my list of rpgs I enjoy as a GM... One players GF comes in from time to time and she hated Dead Reign and now she is playing most of the NPCs with accents... I was worried when she sat down to wait for the game to be over and now she is playing some of the regular NPC personalities... Sorry I am rambling but thank you again for your very helpful input

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:42 pm

D-Bee

No problem.

Sounds like you got a good group going. If you ever want to trade more Dead Reign ideas or GM advice in general then shoot me a PM. We can most likely work out some better avenue of communication (E-mail, Skype, etc).

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Ok feel free... Here is what I came up with....
While your group has used the resources that are coming into your safe haven to repair your vehicles and to refit the group with the gear your people have scavenged the alarms ring inside the house as a guard on look out bellowed down that a young lady is at the gates screaming for help. Some of your people rush to silence her and bring her into the building to calm her and to find out what is wrong. She has been held prisoner by some crazed bible thumpers where Geronimo Oklahoma was located they are a large community and they have started a few months ago attacking survivor groups and killing the males and old women by using them as zombie bait or trading them off to some men that travel the roads with Zombie pets "nick a recent addition to your group scoffs at the idea of zombies as pets" NICK says I could sooner train a great white shark to breath air then train a corpse to fetch... some of the others laugh at nicks joke but Klous starts to whisper to his bodyguard... His smiles widen and the German gets louder and the tone more fervently. She continues as she drinks the second bottle of water sitting in front of her. She says that they have it lucky the Children are put into the fields to farm the land and to tend the livestock. Her two sisters and she were old enough and her voice trails off and her sobbing gets so heavy she starts to hyperventilate. Most of the men that look to you all as the Leaders and leave. Nick says heck let the council figure out what to do I am going to relieve bill from guard duty so I don't have to hear this crying anymore...