GenCon AAR

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

GenCon AAR

Unread post by Rimdall »

I ran three games at GenCon this year. Thursday's game was a BtS game called Family Roots that I had run at two Open Houses. I had 8 players that comprised a mix of experienced gamers and newbies, but the majority were familiar with the Palladium system. While the game didn't last the full 4 hours, the evil was vanquished, the family reunited and a good time was had by all. This game also generated the best line of the weekend when the physical psychic commented 'my grandfather taught me to touch the bad things" just before using Dessication Touch on the supernatural evil.

The game Friday was called a Midwinter's Malevolence and again I had a full table of 8 players, mostly different than the players from my first game. I had run this at the most recent Open House so I was fairly comfortable with running it. Once again there was much laughter and vanquishing of evil. A couple of players did make suggestions for improvement that I'll be incorporating into future runnings. One of my own observations is that I need to have better floor plans and maps. I utilized what I had, but there was still a bit of confusion regarding locations.

Saturday's game was a Rifts game where the players were all combat-fatigued Coalition soldiers called Rest and Relaxation at Last. I scheduled this game for 10 am on purpose to help get the players in the mood by being sleep deprived themselves. The mission involved investigating loss of contact with an observation post; it turned into a massive kill fest, which in hindsight I should have expected since CS + D-bees= kill 'em all. regardless, there was much laughing and fun, so I'd call it a success. I had limited this game to 6 players, but an additional player asked to join in. This is why I always try to have extra pre-gens available.

Overall, I'd call GenCon a great experience. In talking to the players in my game as well as others during the convention, there is a real desire for Palladium games there. More than one person told me they go through the game catalog looking for Pally games. I'd have played in some games myself if there had been more there. Next year I think it'd be wonderful if we were able to have more of a megaversal ambassador presence in the official catalog. I admit I went into GenCon a bit intimidated since this was my first time running there, but it was really easy and I gained enough player-hours to qualify for a badge reimbursement.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: GenCon AAR

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Rimdall wrote:I ran three games at GenCon this year. Thursday's game was a BtS game called Family Roots that I had run at two Open Houses. I had 8 players that comprised a mix of experienced gamers and newbies, but the majority were familiar with the Palladium system.

The game Friday was called a Midwinter's Malevolence and again I had a full table of 8 players, mostly different than the players from my first game. I had run this at the most recent Open House so I was fairly comfortable with running it.

Saturday's game was a Rifts game where the players were all combat-fatigued Coalition soldiers called Rest and Relaxation at Last.

Overall, I'd call GenCon a great experience. In talking to the players in my game as well as others during the convention, there is a real desire for Palladium games there. More than one person told me they go through the game catalog looking for Pally games. I'd have played in some games myself if there had been more there. Next year I think it'd be wonderful if we were able to have more of a megaversal ambassador presence in the official catalog.

Sounds like a great time! Glad you enjoyed!
I know for a fact that next year there will be more MA involvement!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion

shona123 wrote:I admit I went into GenCon a bit intimidated since this was my first time running there, but it was really easy and I gained enough player-hours to qualify for a badge reimbursement.

So are you going to run games as a GM next year??
My Twitter
Image Image
CenINGM
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by CenINGM »

I am hopefully, do we have a post up for submissions yet?
" I don't recall where I parked the Samas.." Last words of a Sama operator ambushed by a Psy Tech
zyanitevp
Champion

CenINGM wrote:I am hopefully, do we have a post up for submissions yet?

Not yet.
My Twitter
Image Image
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

If you mean a post for events that have already been submitted? No, I have not posted the schedule as we are still accepting submissions. Submission event deadline is March 13th [end of 2nd round per GenCon].

We can accept submissions after that point in time, but odds are, your event wont make it into the "Official" Gen Con event catalog.

If you mean, do we have a post on HOW to submit events, then YES we do...
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=147001
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”