Common sense Open House rules we should try and follow.

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Common sense Open House rules we should try and follow.

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

This is a reprint from Unofficial Palladium Open House Group:

Just thought a couple of things need to be said, that we should all try to follow while we are at the OH. Kind of sad that I think I need to say these things, but in this day and age, common sense isn't so common.

Let's keep politics out of the OH if at all possible. We are all coming to the OH to play games and have fun, no need to spoil it. We all come from anywhere from the far right to the far left, but that don't matter, again, we are here to have a fun time. If something comes up that just trigger you, try and say, we agree to disagree, and change the subject.

Please, no mask nazi police people. We will follow what they want, but there will be times when we have to do things, like blow our nose. That could happen to me a lot. And yes, it was happening to me way before this stupid virus. I blow my nose all year long. Hopefully, that will happen at a minimum. Plus, I will be having a camo pack with me, which I will be drinking from. So, if anyone goes bonkers on me if they see me doing those 2 things, once I'm done doing what I'm doing, I'm going to just turn and smile at them, without putting the mask back up, until they stop and or back off. I will not be intimidated. And just so you know, if you didn't, you can do those 2 things at airports and on planes, and no one will bother you about it. I know I won't be bothered if someone else does those things. So, lets all be civil about this and use common sense.

Let's all be aware of our own hygiene. We will be in close contact with each other for as long as 4 days, and we don't want to gross each other out with how we smell. So lets all try and take showers every night.

If anyone can think of anything else you think should be said that we should all try and follow, please add to this list. Hope you all think this is logical and makes sense.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Common sense Open House rules we should try and follow.

Unread post by ITWastrel »

Your "rules" are basically "Hey, I'll be snotting and sniffling and I won't be made to wear my mask. If you ask me to, I won't, for spite. Because I won't be intimidated into acting like a decent human being, if only for a few hours."

Those are some stupid ass rules.

People like you, right wing virus denial people, are why I had SIX funerals to attend this year. Somehow, your ability to slime and snot freely trumps the ability for my friends and family to f-ing live.

'Muricuh.

I have been sickened by PB's willingness to put this deathtrap on this year, because I knew half the players attending would be like this.

But they needed their cash.
Alpha 11
Palladin

ITWastrel wrote:Your "rules" are basically "Hey, I'll be snotting and sniffling and I won't be made to wear my mask. If you ask me to, I won't, for spite. Because I won't be intimidated into acting like a decent human being, if only for a few hours."

Those are some stupid ass rules.

People like you, right wing virus denial people, are why I had SIX funerals to attend this year. Somehow, your ability to slime and snot freely trumps the ability for my friends and family to f-ing live.

'Muricuh.

I have been sickened by PB's willingness to put this deathtrap on this year, because I knew half the players attending would be like this.

But they needed their cash.

Wow, you obviously did not read what I wrote. I said I would be complying with their rules. I gave myself as an example to point this out, in that I had been doing that for literly YEARS before this stupid virous came about. My nose is just a little more sensitive then most, so I blow it more. And guess what, I could hardly blow it or none at all! Its random with me. And don't put words in my mouth. I've never denied that the virus was real. If anything, it's being mishandled, IMO. And guess what, if I come down with it the day before the OH starts, I'm not going! I'm not stupid. So if for some reason you needed clarification, you could have just asked, instead, you didn't read it right, and ASUMED and make wrong accusations against me.

As for the 6 people you lost in your life, you have my condolences. I do know what its like to lose people close to you, though not in they way you did. And in case you haven't heard, there is some good news on fighting this virus after you get it: Monoclonal Antibodies. Get this treatment as soon as the person comes down with it. I've heard nothing but great news about it. Full recovery in a couple of days of taking it. Though it is hard to come by right now. Why no Warp Speed for this stuff, I don't know.

And lastly, again, this is why I posted this here, so that what happened right here, doesn't happen there.

If you need me to clarification anything further, please ask nicely. I'll be happy to answer you.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

You should have stopped talking when someone pointed out how wrong you are.

once I'm done doing what I'm doing, I'm going to just turn and smile at them, without putting the mask back up, until they stop and or back off. I will not be intimidated.

Your concern for humanity is obvious based entirely on your decision to stare at people who ask you to put on your mask like a decent human being. I stopped listening to you, for the rest of forever, right then.

You can go ahead and declare that the words you said don't mean what they mean in English, but you said them.

You make me sick. Literally Ill in my gut, because of your absolute selfish scumbag disrespect for others.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Woot! Yey! Open House! Yey! :ok:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Alpha 11
Palladin

ITWastrel wrote:You should have stopped talking when someone pointed out how wrong you are.

once I'm done doing what I'm doing, I'm going to just turn and smile at them, without putting the mask back up, until they stop and or back off. I will not be intimidated.

Your concern for humanity is obvious based entirely on your decision to stare at people who ask you to put on your mask like a decent human being. I stopped listening to you, for the rest of forever, right then.

You can go ahead and declare that the words you said don't mean what they mean in English, but you said them.

You make me sick. Literally Ill in my gut, because of your absolute selfish scumbag disrespect for others.

Good grief man, do you not comprehend what I'm writing. Right after I take a ship of water, the mask comes right back on. Same if I have to blow my noise. Ok, maybe I should have worded it differently in that I should have ask people not to overreact if someone does those 2 things. You can litterly do both of those things in airports and on airplanes and NO ONE cares! I also guess you won't be traveling on airplanes anymore, since they will be dropping the mask requirements in a few weeks. Lastly, how am I being disrespectful to anyone? If someone else has to do the same thing, I'm not going to go crazy on them. I'm going to allow them to do it. And I said, if someone went crazy on me, not if they ask repectfully to put it back one. Or do you expect me to just sneeze into my mask and make it all gooey and crappy. Or do expect me to litterly RUN out of the building to take care of it, in a middle of a game? Can we use some our brains here. It litterly takes like 2 seconds to get a ship of water, and what, 5 or 6 to blow your noise. Lastly, most of the people there most iikely won't even have the right mask anyways, so it won't even matter in the end. And why do you care at all? You won't be there. You have no "dog" in the fight, as it were. If you are so "concerned", are you "concerned" about all the people who went to the Superball? And like 99% of them didn't wear a mask? And other sporting events that like that? I guess if you worked were I work, you would have quick the job a long time ago, since there is no mask requirement, and only like a small handful wear them. To me you are a scared man, afraid of your own shadow. And I feel sorry for you. I will not let this virus hold me back from living my life. We have the means to combat it, from the vactinations, to natural immunity, to excallent treatments after you to get. There is even things you can do to help minimize your risk when you catch it, by just losing weight, and taking vitamins and minerals to help build up your immune system to help fight it when you get it, so your chances of fighting it off without any real problems will go way up. Again, I feel sorry for you.

The Dark Elf wrote:Woot! Yey! Open House! Yey! :ok:

Thanks! Hopefully there won't be anyone like him there to ruin it.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Alpha 11 wrote:
ITWastrel wrote:You should have stopped talking when someone pointed out how wrong you are.

Good grief man, do you not comprehend what I'm writing. Right after I take a ship of water, the mask comes right back on. Same if I have to blow my noise. Ok, maybe I should have worded it differently in that I should have ask people not to overreact if someone does those 2 things. You can litterly do both of those things in airports and on airplanes and NO ONE cares! I also guess you won't be traveling on airplanes anymore, since they will be dropping the mask requirements in a few weeks. Lastly, how am I being disrespectful to anyone? If someone else has to do the same thing, I'm not going to go crazy on them. I'm going to allow them to do it. And I said, if someone went crazy on me, not if they ask repectfully to put it back one. Or do you expect me to just sneeze into my mask and make it all gooey and crappy. Or do expect me to litterly RUN out of the building to take care of it, in a middle of a game? Can we use some our brains here. It litterly takes like 2 seconds to get a ship of water, and what, 5 or 6 to blow your noise. Lastly, most of the people there most iikely won't even have the right mask anyways, so it won't even matter in the end. And why do you care at all? You won't be there. You have no "dog" in the fight, as it were. If you are so "concerned", are you "concerned" about all the people who went to the Superball? And like 99% of them didn't wear a mask? And other sporting events that like that? I guess if you worked were I work, you would have quick the job a long time ago, since there is no mask requirement, and only like a small handful wear them. To me you are a scared man, afraid of your own shadow. And I feel sorry for you. I will not let this virus hold me back from living my life. We have the means to combat it, from the vactinations, to natural immunity, to excallent treatments after you to get. There is even things you can do to help minimize your risk when you catch it, by just losing weight, and taking vitamins and minerals to help build up your immune system to help fight it when you get it, so your chances of fighting it off without any real problems will go way up. Again, I feel sorry for you.

You go on ahead, do what you're gonna do.

My objection is to your VERY inappropriate wording.

Nobody cares if you even WEAR a mask.

I don't. I'm triple vaxxed and had the virus anyway. I will be fine.

Masks are over.

If PB keeps their original plans, they're going to be the only ones anywhere having a mask requirement.

My objection is to someone who is so upset by the restrictions we had to live by that he's declaring his freedom to be a dick and the rest of us should just accept it.

THAT's what I was saying.

I'm ticked at your FoxNews inspired attitude about monoclonal miracles and DYING FROM A ******* VIRUS being somehow because people didn't adequately prepare, watch their diets, and somehow find an antibody treatment they don't offer within 100 miles of my rural county.

I'll be sure to tell everyone at our game group that our friends should have lost weight, and it's their own damned fault they're dead.

If only Jess had eaten a salad instead, it's on her, really. I bet her daughter would find great comfort in that.

THAT is my problem with your thread here.

As for no skin in this game, PB made the decision on this money grab at the height of the pandemic. I've lost ALL respect for this company.

I'm done spending money on them.

My skin is OUT.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Will you both be at the POH 2022?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

As with other voluntary bodily functions not excusing oneself to some remove in order to blow one's nose is gauche.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

The Dark Elf wrote:Will you both be at the POH 2022?

I won't be.

The event is probably safe for the vaxxed. The unvaxxed have made their choices. I'm pretty much Drago on that one these days.

The company has lost my respect.
Alpha 11
Palladin

ITWastrel wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

You go on ahead, do what you're gonna do.

My objection is to your VERY inappropriate wording.

Nobody cares if you even WEAR a mask.

I don't. I'm triple vaxxed and had the virus anyway. I will be fine.

Masks are over.

If PB keeps their original plans, they're going to be the only ones anywhere having a mask requirement.

My objection is to someone who is so upset by the restrictions we had to live by that he's declaring his freedom to be a dick and the rest of us should just accept it.

THAT's what I was saying.

I'm ticked at your FoxNews inspired attitude about monoclonal miracles and DYING FROM A ******* VIRUS being somehow because people didn't adequately prepare, watch their diets, and somehow find an antibody treatment they don't offer within 100 miles of my rural county.

I'll be sure to tell everyone at our game group that our friends should have lost weight, and it's their own damned fault they're dead.

If only Jess had eaten a salad instead, it's on her, really. I bet her daughter would find great comfort in that.

THAT is my problem with your thread here.

As for no skin in this game, PB made the decision on this money grab at the height of the pandemic. I've lost ALL respect for this company.

I'm done spending money on them.

My skin is OUT.

Guess I came across wrong, should have worded it differently. For that I'm sorry. As for the rest, all I'm saying is that we can all be proactive in combating this. The way you are talking is we should twiddle are thumbs and do nothing, while I'm saying there are things we CAN do to help us less vulnerable to the virus. That is all I'm saying. Its like there is a speeding vehicle heading towards you and all you have to do is step out of the way of it, but you do nothing. As for the treatments, I don't know. I've heard the government bought up all of it, all of a sudden. Plus the pharmacist could be making more, but again, doesn't seem to be happening. So most likely it is between these 2 you can most likely blame. They could have easily done a Warp Speed thing like they did the vaccine, but they haven't, so why, why aren't they doing it? Those are the questions you need to be asking.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Alpha 11 wrote:The way you are talking is we should twiddle are thumbs and do nothing, while I'm saying there are things we CAN do to help us less vulnerable to the virus. That is all I'm saying. Its like there is a speeding vehicle heading towards you and all you have to do is step out of the way of it, but you do nothing.

Greetings and Salutations. I'm not going to the Open House myself, in part financial and in part pandemic (if it was just one of those issues, I'd probably look into options to address the one, but with both it just feels not worth it at this time). With that said, I'll admit I have issues with some of your stance as well. I'll try to explain this with an analogy (since some people have trouble thinking about viruses as they can't be seen, and you brought up the car we'll go with that).

There's a crosswalk with a busted light on a high speed traffic road. At present, the light is still broken. Palladium is like: "Hey, we know it could be a little dangerous, but traffic has died down a lot and we don't know when the light will be fixed. We think you should be safe if you look both ways before crossing."

Your original post is: "I plan to look both ways but ... you know, I sometimes get this crick in my neck. If I do, I may not always look both ways. And if anyone has a problem with this, I'm going to start pushing random people into the street while looking at that person and smiling." (Refusing to put your mask on to spite one individual targets EVERYONE there, as well as ignores the rules Palladium set out because you dislike 1 person).

When called out on this, you've commented on how you feel that looking both ways isn't the best solution, and how most people won't do it properly so it doesn't really help much anyways. Then have gone on to tell everyone how if someone ends up in front of one of those speeding cars, they can just walk out of the way. And told someone who lost 6 people to that very speeding hazard how you feel sorry that they're living in fear. Even if all of this is true, none of this changes or excuses your actions.

Somehow I think you mean all of this to be some type of champion of justice or a voice of reason, but it really comes off as a petty villain to me. "If you're not nice to me, Mr. Bond, I'm going to turn the doomsday weapon on all of Europe."

Now I'm not here to discuss what is and isn't effective handling of the pandemic. I'm not here to say the best treatment method. I'm not even here to say if removing your mask long enough to blow your nose is or is not appropriate. I'm here to say that just because someone is mean to you does not make it justifiable or reasonable to break the rules and have a casual disregard for everyone else because you feel spiteful. I'm here to say being smug at punishing innocent bystanders are the actions of a horrible person. Now, my reason for posting this isn't to call names. My hope is you haven't really considered your words or your actions, and hope you'd take up your issues with the individual instead of trying to impose collective punishment. Farewell, safe journeys, and good health to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Palladium Open House”