First Wave of Tickets Available Now!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

First Wave of Tickets Available Now!

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

The first wave of tickets went on sale today. I snagged mine, including VIP Thursday. Who else has bought them?
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Re: First Wave of Tickets Available Now!

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I'm in!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Bought my weekend pass!
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Bought mine too!
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Bought mine as soon as I saw the Weekly Update, VIP night as well.

My big hope for this convention is that they use an online schedule system for the games. Doing the sign ups the day of leads to massive runs to the signup tables.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Warshield73 wrote:Bought mine as soon as I saw the Weekly Update, VIP night as well.

My big hope for this convention is that they use an online schedule system for the games. Doing the sign ups the day of leads to massive runs to the signup tables.

Ya, at the last OH, a bunch of guys pushed past my wife at the table. I thought that was super crappy when I heard about it...
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Jack Burton wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:Bought mine as soon as I saw the Weekly Update, VIP night as well.

Ya, at the last OH, a bunch of guys pushed past my wife at the table. I thought that was super crappy when I heard about it...

Wow, I normally don't see things like that at POH. My biggest problem is that it interrupts the games when people go running to the sign up table.

An online system where the number of games you can sign up for starts with a few and increases over time so that everyone gets a chance to sign up and a pleasant side effect would be no more stampedes to the sign up table.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

I can't believe that the VIP day is so expensive. Ugh, I really need to network there.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

zerombr wrote:I can't believe that the VIP day is so expensive. Ugh, I really need to network there.

You're telling me, it would be almost $250 for both my wife and I to attend. I would love to go to it, but I don't think I would be able to justify the price to her for that one.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Captain_Nibbz wrote:
zerombr wrote:I can't believe that the VIP day is so expensive. Ugh, I really need to network there.

You're telling me, it would be almost $250 for both my wife and I to attend. I would love to go to it, but I don't think I would be able to justify the price to her for that one.

Yeah it is really up there but it is like no other experience. At the first POH I believe VIP night was Friday and I still remember it. It was like 40 or so people plus the PB staff and freelancers it was great. The reason it is so expensive is because it is limited to such a small number of people, your paying for access that is hard to get when you have 400 people there.

That being said my wife and I have no kids and gaming is my only vice so I get to splurge every few years for the POH. If we had kids or I had other hobbies that cost money I'm not sure I could justify it either.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Warshield73 wrote:
Captain_Nibbz wrote:

Yeah it is really up there but it is like no other experience. At the first POH I believe VIP night was Friday and I still remember it. It was like 40 or so people plus the PB staff and freelancers it was great. The reason it is so expensive is because it is limited to such a small number of people, your paying for access that is hard to get when you have 400 people there.

That being said my wife and I have no kids and gaming is my only vice so I get to splurge every few years for the POH. If we had kids or I had other hobbies that cost money I'm not sure I could justify it either.

And don't forget the meal. And ya, I was a little shocked at how much it went up.

Warshield73 wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

Wow, I normally don't see things like that at POH. My biggest problem is that it interrupts the games when people go running to the sign up table.

An online system where the number of games you can sign up for starts with a few and increases over time so that everyone gets a chance to sign up and a pleasant side effect would be no more stampedes to the sign up table.

Who would make it though, because I don't think the people there have the skills to do that. Though I could be wrong. Plus they are already having problems getting books out, so there really isn't a lot of spare time to do that, even if they can. Maybe if one of the fans can do it, they can do it for them.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:D And yes, got the VIP and weekend tickets! :D
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alpha 11 wrote:Who would make it though, because I don't think the people there have the skills to do that. Though I could be wrong. Plus they are already having problems getting books out, so there really isn't a lot of spare time to do that, even if they can. Maybe if one of the fans can do it, they can do it for them.

I love everyone in the office but I can almost guarantee they don't. Most people don't, but there are plenty of sites that do it for you. One I have used at a few cons is Table Top but there are others.
Runescryer
D-Bee

Unread post by Runescryer »

So, the transaction went through on my card (ordered on Friday), but my tickets are still listed as 'Pending' on the Store here. When do we get final confirmation?
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I'm definitely coming for the weekend. I don't think I'll do the VIP this time. The last time wasn't really worth it. There were were actually more people than spots in games for Thursday night so my buddies and I were sort of left out. An online sign up would be leagues better than the previous system of race to board. It's several people running with pencils and pens in hand, and then jostling shoulder to shoulder to sign up. Plus, poor Scott who had to field dozens of questions about when the sign up sheet would appear.

That said, all of the GMs are regular people who have lives and games in which they want to play. So the game schedule can be fluid. I have to hope there is a middle ground. I might have as many as 6 people coming with me. It would be rough if we couldn't game together because we happened to be at a table that was on the other side of the warehouse from the sign up board.

-Vek
"Someone here has the technical know how."
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Veknironth wrote:Well, I'm definitely coming for the weekend. I don't think I'll do the VIP this time. The last time wasn't really worth it. There were were actually more people than spots in games for Thursday night so my buddies and I were sort of left out. An online sign up would be leagues better than the previous system of race to board. It's several people running with pencils and pens in hand, and then jostling shoulder to shoulder to sign up. Plus, poor Scott who had to field dozens of questions about when the sign up sheet would appear.

VIP night is always my favorite. I love the small group and it is usually the only time I get to talk to Kevin or Wayne as they are usually swamped. As for the games was there nothing to play or nothing you wanted to play? VIP is usually 50 or so people with 9 to 12 GMing. I don't remember 2018 specifically but usually there are games without enough players at VIP and on Sunday.

At one of the POHs, I forget which, Jason Marker let me use his printer for a couple of characters for my games that I had messed up. While I was in the office they printed the next round of sign ups and I offered to take them to the table. When I was walking to the table I thought I was going to die as I was swarmed by people wanting to sign up. It gets bad especially on Friday & Saturday.

Veknironth wrote:That said, all of the GMs are regular people who have lives and games in which they want to play. So the game schedule can be fluid. I have to hope there is a middle ground. I might have as many as 6 people coming with me. It would be rough if we couldn't game together because we happened to be at a table that was on the other side of the warehouse from the sign up board.

It is a lot easier to get a group signed up with phased sign up. If you get 2 sign ups now, and 2 more a month later, and so on then you can easily get 6 people coordinated on this game or that but with most games only having 6 to 8 spots getting a block of 6 players into the same game is never going to be easy.

Return to “Palladium Open House”