Countdown to Open House!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Countdown to Open House!

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Only 10 days to go! So starting today I will be counting down the remaining day! So here is the first: 10!
Veknironth
Hero

Re: Countdown to Open House!

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I hope someone from Palladium Books is aware of this so they can put out the list of games.

-Vek
"I'd like to plan what games my friends and I will play in."
Alpha 11
Palladin

9 days to go!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Veknironth wrote:Well, I hope someone from Palladium Books is aware of this so they can put out the list of games.

-Vek
"I'd like to plan what games my friends and I will play in."

With RTT, it might have been put on the back burner. Though I too, hope they put out a list soon.
Veknironth
Hero

Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

-Vek
"Planning is important."
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Veknironth wrote:Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

Starting to get nervous.... :(
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Veknironth wrote:Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.

-Vek
"Planning is important."

2009 I didn't know till I was looking at the sign up sheets at the warehouse.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:

-Vek
"Planning is important."

2009 I didn't know till I was looking at the sign up sheets at the warehouse.

OK, feeling better. :-D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Burton wrote:

Hey bud at worst we'll be in a giant chaotic group of gamers that'll eventually turn into a bunch of pick up games. I could think of worse ways of spending a weekend.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Alpha 11
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

Hey bud at worst we'll be in a giant chaotic group of gamers that'll eventually turn into a bunch of pick up games. I could think of worse ways of spending a weekend.

True. And now 8 to go!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

Ya, but my wife is the wild card. Every year, we go on a vacation somewhere without the kids and it's shaping up that this will be our yearly getaway. She's NOT a gamer and when I Googled pictures of past open houses so she could get an idea of what to expect, her half-joking and somewhat alarmed response was, "So for our vacation, you're taking me to a warehouse in Detroit to play role playing games for four days? You're fired!" That's when I told her it was her fault for actually taking me up on a courtesy invite. We both got a laugh out of that.

I can live with it if it turns out to be a mess for the exact reason you stated.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

-Vek
"Planning is important."

No worries. I talked to Kev earlier this week. I'm assuming Wayne is going to put it together soon, but if he doesn't get the time I've offered my services like I did several years ago (can't remember which OH that was now that I think about it). So, one way or another, there should be a schedule done by the OH. :wink:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Alpha 11
Palladin

Warwolf wrote:

-Vek
"Planning is important."

No worries. I talked to Kev earlier this week. I'm assuming Wayne is going to put it together soon, but if he doesn't get the time I've offered my services like I did several years ago (can't remember which OH that was now that I think about it). So, one way or another, there should be a schedule done by the OH. :wink:

Good to hear that. Just do it like its been done the last couple of times. IMO, that was the best way to do it.
Veknironth
Hero

Well, let me vote to not do it as it has been done in the past. Everyone storming the sign up board with sharpened pencils when the sheets are put up is a trifle dangerous, and it forces people to stop the game they're in and to run to the board to sign up for whatever is left by the time they arrive. Inevitably, there will be games added and subtracted so the schedule can't be set in stone, but having some idea before arriving would be helpful. Personally, I'm coming with 3 friends from other states and I'd like to be sure we all get in the same games together as best I can.

-Vek
"Or, for fun, post the sign up sheets at unexpected times, in unexpected locations. But certainly have it on a horizontal surface."
Arynews
Newb

Unread post by Arynews »

Well, I understand it was put on the back burner. But the event will be a catastrophe if there is no schedule of games.
Veknironth
Hero

Well, before anyone asks, Arynews is not my burner account.

-Vek
"One post so far, and it's an exact quote. I know it looks suspicious."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Veknironth wrote:Well, let me vote to not do it as it has been done in the past. Everyone storming the sign up board with sharpened pencils when the sheets are put up is a trifle dangerous, and it forces people to stop the game they're in and to run to the board to sign up for whatever is left by the time they arrive. Inevitably, there will be games added and subtracted so the schedule can't be set in stone, but having some idea before arriving would be helpful. Personally, I'm coming with 3 friends from other states and I'd like to be sure we all get in the same games together as best I can.

-Vek
"Or, for fun, post the sign up sheets at unexpected times, in unexpected locations. But certainly have it on a horizontal surface."

Bah... where's the thrill in a pencilless rush?

Besides it makes more sense that those who attend VIP get first dibs rather than whomever is lucky enough to log on when they post the schedule.
Veknironth
Hero

Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek
"If I can sign up for everything Thursday night, swell."
Alpha 11
Palladin

Man, got sick, so I forgot about yesterday, so 7 and 6!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Veknironth wrote:Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek

Okay sounds fair ;)

It would be nice though to know before sign up what the heck one wants to sign up for though. Like a game catalogue with a short description maybe even pictures of they've been ran at past events with u pique mechanics like the one person who had the scenery and miniatures at POH '09
Alpha 11
Palladin

5! And it looks like we might get a list on Sun.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Veknironth wrote:Well, before, VIP got first dibs because all of the games were available to sign up. But last time, the VIP only let you sign up for Friday morning.

-Vek

Okay sounds fair ;)

It would be nice though to know before sign up what the heck one wants to sign up for though. Like a game catalogue with a short description maybe even pictures of they've been ran at past events with u pique mechanics like the one person who had the scenery and miniatures at POH '09

Both my events this year with minis/terrain note that in the description I submitted. Pretty sure I did at least an event or two at every Open House with minis/terrain, definitively in 09 and I know Carmen has done minis/terrain games at least twice, the one in 11, my little guy got to Godzilla the setup on Sunday. I have some teaser pics of my terrain for this year in the OH group on facebook and I posed pics of the play test last night.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Reelman wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

-Vek

Okay sounds fair ;)

Both my events this year with minis/terrain note that in the description I submitted. Pretty sure I did at least an event or two at every Open House with minis/terrain, definitively in 09 and I know Carmen has done minis/terrain games at least twice, the one in 11, my little guy got to Godzilla the setup on Sunday. I have some teaser pics of my terrain for this year in the OH group on facebook and I posed pics of the play test last night.

It was a PFRPG that a lady was running I had played. But glad to know there are others too.
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
It was a PFRPG that a lady was running I had played. But glad to know there are others too.

That was Randy, she had a nice Dwarven Forge setup.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Reelman wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

-Vek

Okay sounds fair ;)

A link if possible. And 4!
Reelman

Unread post by Reelman »

Alpha 11
Palladin

Reelman wrote:Here you go: https://goo.gl/PUqGWf

Nice! And 3! Getting excited! :D
Alpha 11
Palladin

2! I'm on pins and needles!
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Alpha 11 wrote:2! I'm on pins and needles!

Hehehehehe

9 hours from now I’ll be in the air. On my way. :)
Dan Frederick
Veknironth
Hero

Well, I'll see you guys there tomorrow.

-Vek
"And I'm not alone."
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Totally jealous of all you guys - wish I could be there. Would have loved to meet up again with everyone that I chatted to and/or gamed with at previous Open Houses! Here's hoping you all have a fantastic time! Game on!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

And I'm here... now
Alpha 11
Palladin

:lol: Missed my last entry to this! Was so excited and busy doing last minute packing that I forgot to post! So 1 and 0! It was a great OH!
Zerosubx
D-Bee

Unread post by Zerosubx »

Good information is encouraged to do this great content anyway

Return to “Palladium Open House”