What are PFrpg,s Books your hoping for?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I like to see LoD3, Lopan book,Maybe a Timiro book update with the info from Rifter 63 and Mysreies of Magic,Book 2:Dark Magicks in 2021.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: What are PFrpg,s Books your hoping for?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I mean, I'm obviously in favor of Mysteries of Magic coming out.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I will continue to hope that Randi Cartier's manuscript for The Old Kingdom sees print.

-Vek
"RIP Randi."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

MoM2 & MoM3 and LotD3. (in order preference)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Mark Hall wrote:I mean, I'm obviously in favor of Mysteries of Magic coming out.

That and the Old Kingdom.
Not that I expect anything.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Palladiums mega ultra book of errata
OK, MoM, LotD3
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It would be nice if they could get all the books updated to second edition.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

In no particular order:
1. Even More Adventures in the Northern Wilderness
2. The Official Palladium Fantasy Atlas (in full color)
3. Wars of the Western Empire: a Strategy Board Game
4. Phi & Lopan
5. Land of the Damned 3
6. Old Kingdom books
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope a Future Mysteries of Magic.s books will have all PFrpg,s magic types from Rifter like Song magic,I also like New Magic items and Magic weapons.
Ther will be New Magic armor,s Features and Magic weapons,s propertles too.

I will Love to see a few Palladium fantasy rpg,s Adventures books with a Mix of them,some reprints from Rifter and some all New,Like Blood Moon Adventure from Rifter81, is Great,Too Bad the Lord De Silca tournament was lost.
Last edited by gaby on Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I'm far less interested in new magic, new magic items, and new magic weapons than I am in the way that the new content gets presented: the artwork, the backstory/lore, the themes, and the way it motivates players and GMs in adventures and campaigns.

Thus, I'm less keen on Palladium publishing any specific product than I am in the way they put that product together.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

A proper Wolfen Empire book.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

gaby wrote:I hope a Future Mysteries of Magic.s books will have all PFrpg,s magic types from Rifter like Song magic,I also like New Magic items and Magic weapons.
Ther will be New Magic armor,s Features and Magic weapons,s propertles too.

I will Love to see a few Palladium fantasy rpg,s Adventures books with a Mix of them,some reprints from Rifter and some all New,Like Blood Moon Adventure from Rifter81, is Great,Too Bad the Lord De Silca tournament was lost.

I would really rather see new material than stuff that' already been written in the Rifter. Seems lazy to just reprint stuff from there.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

Any thing , but i would like to see a book for more weapons armor and various gear .
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Stas for vehicles would be nice. There are no stats anywhere giving the weight and SDC and whatnot of caravan wagons, or any wagons for that matter.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Stas for vehicles would be nice. There are no stats anywhere giving the weight and SDC and whatnot of caravan wagons, or any wagons for that matter.

So you would like a book of land and sea vehicles like there is the Monsters & Animals book?
Which could be done up as a SDC games sourcebook.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Stas for vehicles would be nice. There are no stats anywhere giving the weight and SDC and whatnot of caravan wagons, or any wagons for that matter.

It doesn't even need to be the focus of a book, like Adventures on the High Seas. Throw the stats into an Old Kingdom book, then release an Old Kingdom book.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

So you would like a book of land and sea vehicles like there is the Monsters & Animals book?
Which could be done up as a SDC games sourcebook.

That would work.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

I just want the old kingdom and their dwarf ruins to get described. i know palladium has a tradition of putting an kingdom dead center of the map and not detailing it for some reason but it's kind of frustrating....
Tyberius
Wanderer

Unread post by Tyberius »

Old Kingdom & South Winds
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Not quite true while the weight is lacking, we do have SDC values for them that can be found in Palladium Fantasy 2E Main RPG pg47 (5th printing, not saying it couldn't be in earlier ones just this is the one I have) has the SDC value list and it includes Wagons (small/cart, Medium, large, Wheel, wheelbarrow).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

ShadowLogan wrote:

Not quite true while the weight is lacking, we do have SDC values for them that can be found in Palladium Fantasy 2E Main RPG pg47 (5th printing, not saying it couldn't be in earlier ones just this is the one I have) has the SDC value list and it includes Wagons (small/cart, Medium, large, Wheel, wheelbarrow).
Good golly, there it is. It would still be nice to know carrying capacity and weight stats. One line with an SDC amount isn't really "stats" for a wagon.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:

Good golly, there it is. It would still be nice to know carrying capacity and weight stats. One line with an SDC amount isn't really "stats" for a wagon.

I agree it is not complete information, and it would be nice if they elaborated more, but I think one of the issues would be the animal pulling the cart/wagon is just as important if not more so than the cart/wagon itself. I don't have Monsters and Animals, but horses in Rifts WB14 do mention pulling capacity of the animals (which varies depending on breed).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

ShadowLogan wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:

I agree it is not complete information, and it would be nice if they elaborated more, but I think one of the issues would be the animal pulling the cart/wagon is just as important if not more so than the cart/wagon itself. I don't have Monsters and Animals, but horses in Rifts WB14 do mention pulling capacity of the animals (which varies depending on breed).
Pulling capacity depends on how heavy the wagon is, which we don't know unless we know the weight of the wagon and how heavy of stuff can be loaded into it. If you load too much into a wagon, the wheels won't turn properly or the axels will break.
Tiltowait
D-Bee

Unread post by Tiltowait »

More options for psychics. Ability or option to swap out old powers for new ones. For that matter, more / new powers. Ya know like teleportation? Or perhaps even flight?

Maybe a psychic item crafter occ. That is a psychic version of the alchemist.
A psychic rogue/thief would be interesting.
Necromance if you want to.
We can bring your friends to life.
But your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead.
Well, they're no friends of mine.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Tiltowait wrote:More options for psychics. Ability or option to swap out old powers for new ones. For that matter, more / new powers. Ya know like teleportation? Or perhaps even flight?

PFRPG already allows you to add psionics to other classes.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Tiltowait wrote:More options for psychics. Ability or option to swap out old powers for new ones. For that matter, more / new powers. Ya know like teleportation? Or perhaps even flight?

PFRPG already allows you to add psionics to other classes.

The Psychic version of an Alchemist is already in there canon books. See the PF sourcebook "The Island At the Edge of the World."

Thou, if you want a player character then you could ask your GM to import a Psi-Mechanic from the BTS core book (1st or 2nd ed). Or the one in the NB sourcebook "between the shadows" ( <---Look BtS again :D ;) ).

Rifts notes:
Spoiler:
The Psi-Mech in the Psyscape world book will need to be mod'ed to fit the SDC setting. And the Akimi Gizmoteer in SA2 is a Racial Character Class and thus limited to that race of aliens and is broken in its mechanics.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:the NB sourcebook "between the shadows" ( <---Look BtS again :D ;) )
Yeah, I'm always calling "Beyond The Supernatural" "Between The Shadows" by mistake.
Tiltowait
D-Bee

Unread post by Tiltowait »

Did they release a 2E version of Island at the Edge? 1E to 2E was a big change...
Necromance if you want to.
We can bring your friends to life.
But your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead.
Well, they're no friends of mine.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Tiltowait wrote:Did they release a 2E version of Island at the Edge? 1E to 2E was a big change...

No they haven't. Yin Sloth is still 1st edition as well.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”