Atlanteans in PF

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Atlanteans in PF

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I'm planning to have the minion war spill into my campaign I'm running right now (how did PF not get a Minion War book? Hades is a mirror image of the place!).
One aspect of this is going to be a small group of Atlanteans that were searching for lost kin of theirs (the pyramids on the Southern Islands).
After rereading all the Atlantean books I noticed that while they give SDC conversions for every spell/tattoo/weapon, they do not give any SDC conversions for Undead Slayers and similar MDC characters.
What would you recommend for converting them into SDC?
crazycowproductions
D-Bee
Comment: Sometimes the best Solution is to think before acting, but then again Acting before you think is the human solution too :D

Re: Atlanteans in PF

Unread post by crazycowproductions »

I think it would be kept at the same amount of SDC as it would have been MDC.

So that would be 50 SDC plus 10 per tattoo.

Maybe give them a Natural Armor Rating of 5 or 7, otherwise I think it's good as is with equal conversion of MDC to SDC
One moment your a nobody, the next a hero. But you still gotta put your pants on one leg at a time.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

PFRPG14-Lands of the Damned 1:Chaos Lands is effectively the PF Minion War book.

The OCC descriptions in DB15: Secrets of the Atlanteans lists the first two Tattoo-centric classes below as treating MDC totals as Hit Points in SDC settings. AR is also shown for those two OCCs, shown along with base MDC for all the Atlantean stuff.

Tattooed Defender 13 1d6x10 base
Monster Hunter 12 2d4x10 base
Nomad Paladin undefined SDC+HP+10 as base
Undead Slayer undefined 2d4x10 base
Tattooed Voyager undefined 1d6x10 base
Sunaj Assassin undefined 2d4x10 base

If you feel like that constitutes a pattern, then defender and voyagers have an AR of 13, hunters/slayers/assassins get 12, and Nomad Paladins are weird and can maybe squeak out the highest starting MDC.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Whiskeyjack wrote:I'm planning to have the minion war spill into my campaign I'm running right now (how did PF not get a Minion War book? Hades is a mirror image of the place!).

Since the Minion War has actually been "hot" there/raging pretty much since the Old Ones were imprisoned, it didn't need one. The Minion War is basically an outgrowth of the confrontation happening (for several thousand years now) on the Palladium World in the Land of the Damned.

In short: nothing new is happening on the Palladium World front: same ol' same ol' Minion War in the Great Rift thats been going on for the last several thousand years.

And since Demons coming to Palladium "on their own power" appear in the Land of the Damned by default (part of the magic that created it, IIRC), it cant really spill over into the rest of the Palladium World. Demons can only appear outside the Land of the Damned if summoned by mortals (but can then summon additional Demons if they have that power, etc). Some of the Demon Lords are exceptions to this because the fact that they have worshippers gives them the power to appear in their Temples.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Curbludgeon wrote:The OCC descriptions in DB15: Secrets of the Atlanteans lists the first two Tattoo-centric classes below as treating MDC totals as Hit Points in SDC settings. AR is also shown for those two OCCs, shown along with base MDC for all the Atlantean stuff.

Tattooed Defender 13 1d6x10 base
Monster Hunter 12 2d4x10 base
Nomad Paladin undefined SDC+HP+10 as base
Undead Slayer undefined 2d4x10 base
Tattooed Voyager undefined 1d6x10 base
Sunaj Assassin undefined 2d4x10 base

If you feel like that constitutes a pattern, then defender and voyagers have an AR of 13, hunters/slayers/assassins get 12, and Nomad Paladins are weird and can maybe squeak out the highest starting MDC.

Thanks Curbludgeon. I didn't read through those classes entirely and missed it. I can extrapolate from there.

I must say I disagree with Chaos Lands. The Great Rift has seen battling between the two factions for around 100,000 years with absolutely no change or effect in the broader world.
The fact that Hades is a mirror of Palladium should mean that there is some connection between the two, which would make it important to the demons of Hades. Which would make it important to the Deevils. Not extrapolating on that is a huge missed opportunity and just bad and uninspired writing IMO.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”