Full Monster write ups?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tywyll
Wanderer

Full Monster write ups?

Unread post by Tywyll »

So, the last thing I, as a GM, want to do is roll the stats for every orc and goblin in a dungeon. Equally, I don't want to look at a 'RCC' write up and figure out what it's prowl skill is based on the fact that there is a +10% for the race (which I then have to look up the base value, etc, etc).

Does anyone have, or are there good adventures with, a bunch of ready to use monsters/baddies? Short stat blocks are cool by me, better in fact if they are out there.
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Full Monster write ups?

Unread post by Hotrod »

Tywyll wrote:So, the last thing I, as a GM, want to do is roll the stats for every orc and goblin in a dungeon. Equally, I don't want to look at a 'RCC' write up and figure out what it's prowl skill is based on the fact that there is a +10% for the race (which I then have to look up the base value, etc, etc).

Does anyone have, or are there good adventures with, a bunch of ready to use monsters/baddies? Short stat blocks are cool by me, better in fact if they are out there.

I've created disposable N.P.C. generators for this exact issue in Rifts. See my signature for some examples. I could also make some for Palladium Fantasy. Which race/O.C.C. combinations would you want to see?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Tywyll wrote:So, the last thing I, as a GM, want to do is roll the stats for every orc and goblin in a dungeon. Equally, I don't want to look at a 'RCC' write up and figure out what it's prowl skill is based on the fact that there is a +10% for the race (which I then have to look up the base value, etc, etc).

Greetings and Salutations. I can think of a few possible resources.

Book 2: Old Ones (official product). There are quite a few adventures in this book, and many of them have short stat blocks. However, they'll often say things like "all other stats are average" so you'd need to know what "average" is. However, they have some quick stats for Orcs, Ogres, Goblins, and Changelings. Fairly sure they also have at least one (or more) stat blocks for a Troll, a Sphinx, Minotaurs, Vampires, as well as probably some other odds and ends.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... -Ones.html (physical book)
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/23 ... nd-Edition (official PDF)

GM Pack - Palladium Fantasy (official product). At the end of the PDF there are some NPC/Pre-gen type sheets (one page each). Races include: Human (a majority), Elf (second most common), Dwarf (only one), Wolfen, Ogre (only one), and Changeling (only one).

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/10 ... Master-Kit

Living the Fantasy website (unofficial): On the Downloads page of the website, there are some Excel based NPC. Races include Orc, Goblin, Dwarf, and Vampire*. Each race has three O.C.C. to select from, can be viewed from level 1 through 15, options for minor psionics (if the race has that option), and a variety of weapons and hand to hand options. Note: Vampires have special creation rules, and do vary from the other three races in many ways.

http://www.prysus.com/site_downloads.htm

I created a much better version of the Excel NPC that was a single file and had every Playable Race from the PF2 main book, to every type of Men of Arms (as well as a couple others), as well as more weapon, hand to hand, and psionic options. However, I'm not sure I'm legally allowed to release that version (if you'd like such a thing, feel free to contact Palladium and let them know). Hope some of that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Tywyll
Wanderer

Unread post by Tywyll »

Hotrod wrote:

I've created disposable N.P.C. generators for this exact issue in Rifts. See my signature for some examples. I could also make some for Palladium Fantasy. Which race/O.C.C. combinations would you want to see?

Those look amazing!!!

Human-Mercenary, Soldier, Knight, Thief, Barbarian, Wizard, Witch
Orc-Merc, Soldier, Barbarian
Goblin (ditto)
Ogre-Barbarian or Merc I guess?
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Tywyll wrote:
Hotrod wrote:

Those look amazing!!!

Goblin (ditto)

Thanks!

As for the N.P.C. generator types, doing up men-at-arms is fairly straightforward. I could put together ones for mercenaries, soldiers, knights, thieves, and barbarians without too much trouble. Adjusting for race probably wouldn't be much trouble, either.

Magic and psychic classes, on the other hand, are difficult. Capturing a range of powers and their effects on the character is difficult to do concisely. I have some ideas about how to do that so I could make a disposable magic N.P.C. generator, but I haven't actually done so yet.

I've got a few other projects cooking, but I'll see what I can do. Might be a few months before you see anything.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Tywyll
Wanderer

Unread post by Tywyll »

Hotrod wrote:
Tywyll wrote:
Hotrod wrote:

Those look amazing!!!

Goblin (ditto)

Thanks!

As for the N.P.C. generator types, doing up men-at-arms is fairly straightforward. I could put together ones for mercenaries, soldiers, knights, thieves, and barbarians without too much trouble. Adjusting for race probably wouldn't be much trouble, either.

Magic and psychic classes, on the other hand, are difficult. Capturing a range of powers and their effects on the character is difficult to do concisely. I have some ideas about how to do that so I could make a disposable magic N.P.C. generator, but I haven't actually done so yet.

I've got a few other projects cooking, but I'll see what I can do. Might be a few months before you see anything.

Anything and everything would be helpful!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”