Witches and Supernatural PS

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Okey-Dokey
D-Bee

Witches and Supernatural PS

Unread post by Okey-Dokey »

Ive been posting alot of questions lately, I apologize if these questions have been answered on the forums before, I do a quick search before I consider posting... anywho...

One of the abilities available to a witch taking the gift of power is Supernatural Strength, yet it says double damage to mortals.. so do they follow the normal PS guidelines but damage is doubled? Or do they use the Supernatural PS guidelines. I cannot find any kther mention of Supernatural PS doing double damage to mortals (in palladium fantasy, iirc i believe it works like this in heries unlimited)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Witches and Supernatural PS

Unread post by Library Ogre »

FWIW, my interpretation was that it wasn't REAL supernatural strength... just a lot more strength than you would otherwise have.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Okey-Dokey
D-Bee

Unread post by Okey-Dokey »

Thanks! Thats what I thought it meant
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Witches use the Supernatural Strength table. And they additionally get double that damage when attacking mortals. Seems pretty clear to me. They are selling their soul for it, so it's not like that kind of damage doesn't have a cost.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

I read supernatural strength to mean supernatural strength. There are two cases IRRC. In one instance it is double damage, in the other not. The witch is making a mighty and costly pact with an extremely powerful entity and in return is getting a powerful gift. In effect, the witcj is turned into something beyond human. I always thought of witches like Babayaga. Such can throw down heftily.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Witches use the Supernatural Strength table. And they additionally get double that damage when attacking mortals. Seems pretty clear to me. They are selling their soul for it, so it's not like that kind of damage doesn't have a cost.

I can't even remember if PF had a supernatural PS table.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Yes it does, P. 17

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”