Eastern Territories Question.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Eastern Territories Question.

Unread post by The Beast »

The map on page 42 shows two settlements called Luna Beach and Myrth near Timiro. However there doesn't appear to be anything else about them in the book. Are they fleshed out anywhere or am I looking in the wrong section of the book for them?
TriOpticon
D-Bee

Re: Eastern Territories Question.

Unread post by TriOpticon »

Luna Beach and Myrth are mentioned on page 190 and Myrth is also mentioned on page 199
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Luna Beach is part of Peningshir, while Myrth is an independent and criminally-inclined community.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

The Capitol of Peningshir is not mapped in the booked. :) A lot is missing in the books.... Raf-Chalon etc. Maps are not good for the land with missing cities. The book seems to be made in a hurry and would need a follow up. You could actually make a book on only the southern peninsula.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

tmbn wrote:The Capitol of Peningshir is not mapped in the booked. :) A lot is missing in the books.... Raf-Chalon etc. Maps are not good for the land with missing cities. The book seems to be made in a hurry and would need a follow up. You could actually make a book on only the southern peninsula.

You might consider looking at my Eastern Territories map (link in my sig) which compiles all the book map information I could find in a single image. It's as canon-accurate as I can make it and includes details that are described, but not mapped, in the book.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Crossing my fingers whenever I hear someone talk about Raf-Chalon.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What are the number of Magic weapon and Items in Eastern Territories?
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hotrod wrote:
tmbn wrote:The Capitol of Peningshir is not mapped in the booked. :) A lot is missing in the books.... Raf-Chalon etc. Maps are not good for the land with missing cities. The book seems to be made in a hurry and would need a follow up. You could actually make a book on only the southern peninsula.

You might consider looking at my Eastern Territories map (link in my sig) which compiles all the book map information I could find in a single image. It's as canon-accurate as I can make it and includes details that are described, but not mapped, in the book.

Love your maps, but I don’t agree with Raf-Chalon. According to the description in ET it is a kingdom between the areas of influence of Wisdom (to the east) and Penington (to the west. Personally, I took that to mean the forest area which is the „wild buffer“ between those realms. In any case a kingdom is probably not a city. That said, an old elven ruin IS mentioned as some few hundred yards away from the Old City Ruin.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Considering how the two are northeast/southwest of each other Raf-Chalon's location isn't likely that far off from where it should be in its description.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

no, not far off. Besides, especially with Little Nuggets like Raf-Chalon there is a playground of Interpretation. Yet, if we consider the Little that is there:

source: PFRPG, ET, p. 187

[ON THE KINGDOM OF RAF-CHALON]
Wisdom controls the northernmost reaches of this land while the … Penington family claims the riverbanks further south. Between these two kingdoms are the lands of … the Elven kingdom of Raf-Chalon.

[ON THE RUIN OF AN ELVEN CITADEL]
Over the millennia, the river's course has shifted eastward … some 200 yards/meters from the edges of the western ruin and the river. … It is the site of an old Elven citadel … it has been abandoned for going on one thousand years. Today it is used as a hideout by small groups of nomads and bandits ...

While a kingdom may be as small as consisting of only one city, I think this is unlikely. Even if the city is the centre, like with some cities in the Eastern Territory, such city needs to be provided for by farms, etc. In any case, the use of "kingdom" hints at Raf-Chalon being larger than but one city.

The elven citadel close to the "Old City Ruin" is only a few hundred Yards off the Old City.

I always thought Raf-Chalon is a closed elven realm in the wild woodlands between the powers of Wisdom and Penington. Maybe wrong, maybe right.

There is a lot open. As was said farther up: you got write a book about the south of ET alone.

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

:D The issue will be resolved in Rifter #84.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”