Telekinetik Leap.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Telekinetik Leap.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Telekinetic leap adds to the base leap, but where can one find the base leap?
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Telekinetik Leap.

Unread post by Hotrod »

Greyaxe wrote:Telekinetic leap adds to the base leap, but where can one find the base leap?

I can't find anything in P2E. Maybe measure your own real-life leaps and use that as a basis?

Don't hurt yourself.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Hotrod wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:Telekinetic leap adds to the base leap, but where can one find the base leap?

I can't find anything in P2E. Maybe measure your own real-life leaps and use that as a basis?

Don't hurt yourself.

I used the Adobe Acrobat search feature on my 2nd Edition PDF and couldn't find a table or anything else that equates speed or strength into any sort of leaping ability. #bummer
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

These threads might help -
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=79337&p=1574325&hilit=Jumping#p1574325

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=148779&hilit=Leap#p2871990
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. There's nothing in PF that I'm aware of. However, some of the other game lines do have answers (though they're not consistent with each other). This can be found on the F.A.Q. section of the forums.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=79337&p=1574325&hilit=Jump#p1574325
Spoiler:
Question: Someone asked this question in the Beyond The Supernatural forum....and I gotta say, this is a really good question.
The only place jumping distances are located to my knowledge is in the FIRST EDITION acrobatics skill. Nowhere else!! And even then, what about characters WITHOUT acrobatics??
We have a table how far a character can throw all kinds of different weights, how long they can exert themselves. But no real way of determining if a character can jump a ravine without using real-world physics knowledge. Something alot of players and GMs don't necessarily have...
Since it is hard to find (or not feasible in some people's cases) first edition books, and not really worth the money for 1 skill description. Can we have an "official" answer to this one?
Pretty please with sugar on top,
Thanks, with much love.
Answer: I believe I've seen three methods for this, though there may be more. ATB2 has a standard leaping ability listed (page 72) for different creatures, listing humans as being able to leap four feet across, three feet high without using an object, and that is increased by 50% for a full speed running start. The Heroes Unlimited GM Guide has a much more useful ruling in it's wonderfully expanded Super-Brawling Rules, where a full speed running start allows a normal character to leap one half foot for every point of P.S. long/across and half that vertically, reduced by 40% for a standing start. I've also seen (for Rifts), "For humans, figure that normal untrained characters can leap 4' high and 5' long. Characters with either the acrobatics or gymnastics skills increase their distance by 2' per level of experience (Note: This is 2' for either skill; having both skills will NOT increase the distance beyond the 2'). Modifying a character's leaping distance for physical attributes (i.e. speed, strength, and/or prowess) is an option for the individual GM." Though it's validity and location in a book are unknown.
UPDATE: According to Tinker Dragoon, the Rifts version of the Jumping Rules can be found in RMB, 12th printing or later, on page 44, bottom left corner (evidently prior to that printing, it's a picture of a SAMAS).

I'll note the HU GM Guide rule is taken out of context, and the normal ruling is pathetically poor (in my opinion). The Super Brawling rule, while not designed for normal usage, is actually a decent rule. Though it's toed only to P.S., it provides each character with more if a variance, which I like.

Anyways, hope some of that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

This is an important question for the 10% of PCs who don't start with Acrobatics or Gymnastics.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Not really trying to necro, but having tripped over it recently, I'll toss this out there.

Rifts Main Book. 12th printing, has a paragraph inserted on page 44

Jump/Leap Rules
For humans figure that normal untrained characters can leap 4 feet(1.2m) high and 5 feet (1.5m) long. Characters with either the acrobatics or gymnastics skills increase their distance by 2 feet (0.6m) per level of experience. (Note this is 2 feet for either skill. Having both skills will NOT increase the distance beyond the 2 feet) Modifying a character's leaping distance for physical attributes (i.e. Speed, strength, and or prowess) is an option for the individual GM. If so applied, characters with Superhuman/Supernatural Strength would leap twice the normal distance (I.e. 8feet/2.4m and 10 feet/3m plus 4feet/1.2m per level of experience) increasing leaping height and distance 50% with a good running start.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

My houserule for leaping distance was "If your speed was your PS, how far could you throw an object that weighed as much as you do"?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”