Buggies, Carriage, Carts, Coaches, Rickshaws, & Wagons...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Buggies, Carriage, Carts, Coaches, Rickshaws, & Wagons...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Please :? ! I need some stats for them. Mine all got infected by a virus and it's anyones guess as to where my notebook is right now. Literally. I think I lost in either left it at the game, on a train, in the taxi, or on the flight. I am not going to sweat it. Just say an early thank you to you guys. And yes, I am talking about any type. War, opened, covered, gypsy, fancy, common, etc.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
gaby
Knight

Re: Buggies, Carriage, Carts, Coaches, Rickshaws, & Wagons...

Unread post by gaby »

Maybe in the Next PF,s book?
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

They don't exist. The wheel was never invented in the Palladium Universe.
pblackcrow
Champion

LOL. Which will be out when exactly, Gaby? 3-5 year the way things are going. LOL
And Maxx, I somehow find that impossible. But thanks for the laugh. Cheers Mates!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Palladium® Fantasy RPG Book 13: Northern Hinterlands wrote: On page 31: Cost: 200-1500 gold for the wagon or carriage depending on the quality and requires four to eight horses or mules or oxen to pull it. Each work animal cost 400-1000 gold depending on the quality of the animal.

I won't put all of it as the book should be bought; but it does go on to give a weight load to animal ratio and speed to rest ratio as well. Likewise it talks about the effect of diet on the animals that might be pulling it.

I'll file wagons next to shields on my to do list...
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
pblackcrow
Champion

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Palladium® Fantasy RPG Book 13: Northern Hinterlands wrote: On page 31: Cost: 200-1500 gold for the wagon or carriage depending on the quality and requires four to eight horses or mules or oxen to pull it. Each work animal cost 400-1000 gold depending on the quality of the animal.

I won't put all of it as the book should be bought; but it does go on to give a weight load to animal ratio and speed to rest ratio as well. Likewise it talks about the effect of diet on the animals that might be pulling it.

Okay, found it and thanks for that reference. But I also need SDC brake downs, to know if they did it based upon opened, closed, covered, war, gypsy, etc wagons. There is a BIG weight deference (how much it has, how much it can hold ) between carriages, wagons, buggies, carts, coaches, rickshaws, etc; not to mention length which effect the speed, cost, etc.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
MADMANMIKE

pblackcrow wrote:
MADMANMIKE wrote:

Okay, found it and thanks for that reference. But I also need SDC brake downs, to know if they did it based upon opened, closed, covered, war, gypsy, etc wagons. There is a BIG weight deference (how much it has, how much it can hold ) between carriages, wagons, buggies, carts, coaches, rickshaws, etc; not to mention length which effect the speed, cost, etc.

yeah, that's why I said I'd file it next to shields on my to do list... Wagons need a decent treatment. On page 47 of the PF2E main book it lists the S.D.C. for Wagon: small cart, Medium, Large, Wheel, and Wheel Barrow. I would put a buggy somewhere between small cart and Medium myself.. rickshaw would probably be the same as a small cart...
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
pblackcrow
Champion

Mike, thanks again for finding this stuff. Although I have several issues with a small cart having less SDC then a wheelbarrow. Plus the material they use would influence the SDC and weight (both that it has and can carry). I am just saying an ash, oak, rosewood, or ironwood cart would have more SDC than a pine cart would, be able to hall more, but it would also weigh more. You may want to include that in your thing.

Something cute my sister sent me: http://www.beinghealthynaturally.com/jo ... sesass.php Thought I would add it since we are talking about carts, wagons, etc.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

pblackcrow wrote:Mike, thanks again for finding this stuff. Although I have several issues with a small cart having less SDC then a wheelbarrow. Plus the material they use would influence the SDC and weight (both that it has and can carry). I am just saying an ash, oak, rosewood, or ironwood cart would have more SDC than a pine cart would, be able to hall more, but it would also weigh more. You may want to include that in your thing.

Something cute my sister sent me: http://www.beinghealthynaturally.com/jo ... sesass.php Thought I would add it since we are talking about carts, wagons, etc.

One of my favorite true stories there, and I have heard it a million times- my father-in-law was a JPL lifer...
MM Mike, would love to see an update in a Rifter on the wheeled world of Fantasy.... once you are done with getting your current project done.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

Also, maybe add sleighs and sleds to the list. Just some more thoughts. I'll catch you guys later. I'm going to Canada. This time I might not be able to respond to anyone via the internet. But I'll hopefully see you guys sometime towards the end of August.

Cheers to all!!!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
MADMANMIKE

pblackcrow wrote:Also, maybe add sleighs and sleds to the list. Just some more thoughts. I'll catch you guys later. I'm going to Canada. This time I might not be able to respond to anyone via the internet. But I'll hopefully see you guys sometime towards the end of August.

Cheers to all!!!

Canada? Yeah, they have internet there... several members of these boards are proof...
pblackcrow
Champion

True, that's not under debate. My access to it however, is. Not all of the places I'm going to be will have it. I'm going to be doing some camping with my cousins. I am quite sure my mobile will not be getting a signal while I'm am here. THANKFULLY! I've got 3 weeks without it!

Cheers all.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
MADMANMIKE

Enjoy the real world for a change, have fun!
pblackcrow
Champion

Okay...There is another aspect that could be included on to the article you spoke of...The plow.

From Bizantium dog sleds, to the light but sturdy open swan sleighs of the elves, to the small dwarven mule pulled mining carts, to the traveling apothecary's wagon/home, to the gypsies wagons, to archers war wagons, to the buggies of the mundane towns folk (use Amish buggy for picture), to the covered wagons of the refugees from the Wolfen wars, to the chariots, to the common wagon, to the coaches of nobility, to the rickshaws of the land of the south winds, etc.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

So Madman Mike are you currently working on a Rifter article for these?
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
MADMANMIKE

No, right now I'm working on the Palladium Fantasy Paper Miniatures advertised in my sigpic.
pblackcrow
Champion

Re: Buggies, Carriage, Carts, Coaches, Rickshaws, & Wagons..

A bit of a reminder for Mike, just have fun with it. And I am in a hurry as long as I can see it before you submit it. You have much better luck in getting stuff published at Palladium Books then I do. Although, at least I've got a copy of my character booklet back from a friend (not exactly the same one I submitted to Wayne mind you, but who cares?) to show what I have done to other game companies. Although, you guys will not be without. I will get a webpage to put it on or let anyone who wants to put it on their site do it. It does still bugs me a wee bit that Wayne hasn't even taken the time to evaluate it and write me back about it. It was 1/13/2012 when I submitted the finished product.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hold on, before the man can work on bringing wheels and sleds to a Palladium Fantasy reality, he's got the Tomb of Gersidi
(always spelling it wrong) to convert to 2nd edition. One thing at a time ;) .
pblackcrow
Champion

Reagren Wright wrote:Hold on, before the man can work on bringing wheels and sleds to a Palladium Fantasy reality, he's got the Tomb of Gersidi
(always spelling it wrong) to convert to 2nd edition. One thing at a time ;) .

Which shall only sit on the desk or computer and draw dust as years pass by.

If you can't say anything nice, probably best not to say anything all. Let's keep any criticism constructive and provide ideas about how to make products better and get them out the door more frequently instead of harping on the old problems - J.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

I have thought of something else. Stage coaches, buckboards, slavers/prison wagons.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

With any luck this will be answered in the Lopan World Book.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

Are you doing the book?
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowHawk wrote:Are you doing the book?

He's done the manuscript. Glen's got some neat ideas about land trade. I'm stoked. Heck, I'd love to play some Oregon Trail-type adventure set in Palladium Fantasy.

What would you want put into this kind of product? Personally, I'd like to see some information about how far a given type of vehicle could travel in a given day, cargo/passengers they can hold, durability, cost, common ways that they break, and how they get fixed.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”