Palladium’s Big Move -- March 29 & 30

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

The dates for Palladium’s BIG MOVE have been changed to MARCH 29-30.

We didn’t realize it, but the weekend we had announced before was Easter!!! And we would lose two-thirds of our helpers.

We’re hoping to get 20-30+ volunteers to split between the two locations and if everyone who says they want to help actually show up, we should hit that mark. Still, we're looking for more, so if you are inclined to move boxes of books and furniture, please contact us.

We also need folks the entire week of March 24 to help us with final boxing, stacking, and moving some things early, so let us know if you are available. We will also be looking for help off and on throughout March.

Because we are so organized and our current offices and warehouse are sooo big, few people realize the amount of junk . . . er . . . stuff we have. There are 120 skids of books in our warehouse right now. Adding other storage and the books and office furniture of the dozen offices and production area, and we’re estimating 16 skids of stuff. 25% of that stuff has to be boxed and put on skids. Skids need to be shrink wrapped, moved to the new site and unpacked, etc.

We’ll have a fork lift at both locations to handle the heaviest work, and we’re renting a semi-truck and trailer (if only we could find someone in the area with a truck and trailer we could borrow for the cost of gas). With any luck, we'll have a small army of people to lend a hand and make the move as easy as possible. If the prep-work is organized, it should actually go pretty darn smooth.

A few people suggested gaming afterward, but I can guarantee we'll all be too tired to want to game. Okay, I can guarantee me and the Palladium crew (who will have been packing, boxing, and moving stuff for the week or two prior to the big move), will be too tired to run or play. HOWEVER, me and the guys (Wayne, Alex, Julius, Jason), Josh Hilden (Dead Reign), and some other Palladium creators may be up for talking about upcoming projects and stuff like that.

So if you be crazy and have muscles and/or organizational skills, and live in the area, please consider lending us a hand. Thanks.

You can send Private Messages to me, but please include your real name, telephone number and best time to call you. Or send emails (with the same info) to rifter@palladiumbooks.com. Or call (734) 946-1156.

We appreciate any help we can get and will supply some amount of food, water, soda, discount on product (if it’s not all packed away) and a small token of our appreciation to say thank you (something only folks who help us move will get).

Big move is March 29 & 30, 2008. Pre-move prep starts March 24 (or sooner).

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Moving Guy

© Copyright February 23, 2008 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”