Just spoke with Erick Wujcik

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

It’s a little after midnight now, here in Michigan, but I just spoke with Erick a little while ago. He sounded tired, but good; upbeat and positive.

He was momentarily concerned about me because I sounded terrible. I have a bad head cold and my voice is all gravelly and congested sounding. I actually feel pretty good – sounds much worse than it is.

He and Kay are busy packing up for their trip to China. They leave tomorrow morning and will be gone about a week. Erick sounded excited about getting together with his many friends and loved ones in that part of the world. I just hope he does NOT overdo it. Pace yourself, Erick, and let folks come to visit you.

I was glad to hear that Erick seems to think the chemo-therapy has had immediate and positive results, reducing pain and making laying down comfortable again. Erick sounded very positive and hopeful about future chemo-therapy treatment.

Our conversation briefly segued into a mutual admiration society moment: “Kev, I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you.” “No Erick, I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you.” Funny. We used to do that a lot in the past too (“Erick, you’re a genius!” “So are you, Kev.”) What a couple of goofs. :)

Erick mentioned how much he is enjoying the erickwujcik.com blog and how everyone’s comments and well wishes have lifted his spirits. I commented on enjoying his blog at www.47rpg.com/blog. Kay, Erick’s sweetheart for nearly 30 years, laughed and said with the multitude of people around the world praying for Erick, how could they not be optimistic.

It was a good conversation with laughs and high spirits.

Have fun in China, Erick and Kay. We’ll talk when you get back. Love you both.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, and Crazy Person

© Copyright December 28, 2007, Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved, worldwide.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”