The start to another busy week

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Turkey Day was good

My sweetheart, Kathy Simmons, is an amazing cook, as in Paula Dean, Rachael Raye, Emmeril quality good (no kidding!), so Thanksgiving was pretty fantastic. Peaceful too. My Dad and his girlfriend decided to stay home, and Kathy’s daughter and her boyfriend were visiting her grandfather in Florida, so it was just me, Kathy and Alex. I read some comics, chatted with Kathy, talked to my brother on the telephone (he lives in Arizona), and relaxed. When Alex arrived we watched some recorded TV shows, a movie and pigged out on turkey (Kathy makes the best turkey), stuffing, potatoes, greenbeans and bacon, cranberries, pumpkin pie, and brownie-cheese cake. Yum.

Friday was back to work

Friday was back to work for me and Alex (good ol’ Al), the rest of the crew had the day off.

I shopped for 3 hours Friday morning (starting at 8:30 AM; slept in, and I’m not crazy enough to battle crowds at 4:00 AM!), picked up some sale items which puts my Christmas shopping at around 80% done, and hit Palladium to do some writing.

At Palladium, I had to get the descriptions done for our latest auction. Btw, this is our second from the last auction, so we are going all out with proofreader copies, artwork and other collectible stuff. I don’t know if we will do any auctions at all next year, so this auction and the next one in December will be it. YOUR last chance to get rare collectibles.

I was also aching to get back to work on Dyval. Spent the night and worked on Dyval Friday night and all day Saturday.

Saturday was work and fun

I had a great day working on Dyval. Really got into a rhythm and edited and retooled 25 pages in 10 hours on Saturday alone.

That evening, Kathy and I got together with pals we hadn’t seen in a while. We enjoyed a nice three hour conversation and some good restaurant pizza.

Sunday was another day off

Sunday is usually the only day I take off every week (hey, gotta do what you gotta do). Unfortunately, that sometimes turns into a work day at home as there are things to be done around the house. That was the case this Sunday, as I spent six hours sorting and reboxing the last 18 months worth of comic books. We relaxed later that evening with Alex, after another fine dinner.

Today was a busy day

Slept in (should not have done that, but . . .). Didn’t get to work till 10:00 AM. Talked with Jason Marker (hope I don’t get his headcold) and the guys for a bit, paid some bills, talked to Paul at RPV Distribution, spent four hours on doing Grab Bags, an hour and a half answering e-mail, spoke with Mark Dudley for an hour, trying to make plans for a business meeting Friday, and dealing with other odds and ends. I must finish Dyval, so I have a feeling this is going to be a long week.

Christmas Surprise Packages pouring in

Sales were high Thursday and Friday, but dropped over the weekend. We ended up getting 72 Christmas Grab Bag orders Wednesday through Sunday (I thought we’d see 100). Orders came in from all over. Several from Canada, two from Great Britain, one from Luxembourg, one from Spain, and dozens from the USA coast to coast – Vermont, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Idaho, Arkansas, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Montana, Washington and California.

A bunch of orders (8-9) came in from California, but we also got 4+ orders from Florida, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Washington. Most were long-time fans, and several were buying their third and fourth Grab Bag, but at least 10% made a point of saying they were “firsttime” purchasers of the Grab Bag, and several also said they were longtime fans, only recently getting back into playing a Palladium RPG. Cool! Welcome back! Welcome, one and all!

Speaking of which, I want to thank everyone for their comments and kind words of support, thanks and/or encouragement. I, personally, read EVERY single Grab Bag order as well as select the items sent in each and every Grab Bag (sorry if I ever disappoint). It’s heartwarming and inspiring to see so many people still rooting for Palladium to get stronger and publish RPGs for another 25 years! A lot of people are excited about the rest of the Minion War series and the return of Robotech® (as are we). You should see some of the other projects we are working on for next year. Wow.

I hope all of you had a nice holiday and got to enjoy 3-4 days off from work. (Boy, do I long for those days again.)

Hey, I have a book or two to finish, so I have to go. Keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Psuedo-Santa

© Copyright November 26, 2007 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved, worldwide.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, and Coalition Wars® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Naruni, Cyber-Knights and other titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”