Robotech® Movie, Palladium podcast & more!

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Robotech® goes live! It has just been announced that Warner Bros. acquired the rights to make a live action movie based on Robotech®. Tobey Maguire (Spider-Man) to produce and may star. Cool, eh? I guess a Voltron movie is also in the works.

Now, if only Jerry Bruckheimer would make a darn Rifts® Movie we’d be all set!

I’m going to send Chad an e-mail to see if there’s any movement on that front.

Meanwhile, all of you Palladium fans should e-mail JBFilms and let him know you want a Rifts® movie. Seriously!!!!

Tell ‘em there's been a Transformers movie, heard there’s a Robotech® movie in the works, and you want to know when you can expect the Rifts® movie. You would not believe the effect of getting a few hundred emails from different people can have on a film maker. Honestly, I hope a few hundred of you really do this. It can only help. The more people who contact JBFilms, the better. It shows them there is an audience hungry for a Rifts® movie.

Besides, a Rifts® movie could be awesome. It could offer so much more than a giant robot combat flick (not that there’s anything wrong with robot action), but Rifts® could include aliens/D-Bees, robots, power armor, magic, dragons, and travel through the Rifts. Wow, it be great, if done right.

In other news . . .

The “live” podcast interview on the Gateway to the Megaverse®, went great! Lots of good questions and some good suggestions too. A few pals who were listening sent me excited e-mails to tell me they loved the show, so it must have been pretty good.

I thought Matthew Daye (aka Prince Artemis online) did a great job, especially considering this was the first time he had ever done anything like this. I bet he was nervous too, but it sure didn’t show. Nice work.

I want to thank everyone who e-mailed or called in to ask questions.

Those of you who missed the live podcast can still hear it by downloading it. There was all kinds of news and plans for the future in it too. The Rifter® #40, The Rifter® Zero, the-rifter.com (a fan forum for Palladium gamers, but it’s not yet up and active), our Zombie RPG in the works, Robotech®, Rifts®, Palladium’s financial situation, and a whole lot more! We covered a lot of ground in two hours.

Something like 78 people (and counting) have already downloaded the interview in just the first 12 hours since it became available. Sounds like pretty good numbers. Ah, I can see it now, Matthew Daye and Kevin Siembieda, radio stars. :-) Yeah, right.

Future shows may have themes like discussions on specific game lines, Game Mastering role-playing games, rules, discussion on writing, where ideas come from, and other things, as well as talking about the latest happenings and future interviews with me and Palladium creators like Erick Wujcik, Carl Gleba, Jason Richards, Apollo Okamura, John Zeleznik, and many others. Please send Matthew (Prince Artemis) your ideas on subjects for discussion and who you’d like to hear. I’m happy to do more shows, but I don’t want to monopolize the air waves.

The next “live” podcast interview on the Gateway to the Megaverse® will be Monday, September 10, 2007. I think Matthew is working on getting a Palladium guest speaker or two right now. I’ll be in Baltimore for the Alliance Diamond Retailer Summit, so it won’t be me. A new, “live” program will air every Monday. We hope you find them fun, informative and entertaining.

Gotta get back to work! More murmurings on Robotech® and stuff in the days to come.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Voice of Palladium
© Copyright September 7, 2007 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved. Rifts® and other names and titles are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”