I’m Back -- August 9 2007

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

I’m Back -- August 9 2007

Unread post by Kevin »

Hi Everybody,

I’m back from seclusion. In order to get Rifts® Dimension Book 10: Hades done in time for Gen Con Indy, I had to sequester myself away and literally work night and day and through a couple of weekends alongside Alex, Wayne and Julius. It was grueling, but we did it!

If all goes well at the printer, we should have a couple hundred copies of Hades to sell at Gen Con by Friday afternoon.

We’ll also have the Rifts® and the Megaverse® art book in soft cover ($22.95), hardcover ($50.00) and Masterworks edition ($125 with an original concept drawing by Johnny Z!). Plus Machinations of Doom (soft and hardcover), ALL our books, some out of print items, prints, T-Shirts and other good stuff! Hubba hubba.

I’d be really excited about Gen Con except we have sooooo much other work to do before we leave.

Playing Catch Up

I’ve only started reading and answering my e-mails since yesterday, have yet to get to 2-3 weeks of Private Messages (sorry folks), I’ve had something like SEVEN business meetings in the last three days (all positive stuff), had to take my car in for some repairs (not so positive), get new shocks for the truck, pay bills, make some calls, arrange pick up and delivery of Hades to Gen Con Indy, and tons of other stuff! And still have a bunch of things to take care of before Gen Con! Boy, do the hours fly by. It’s crazy, but I love it.

My apologies

I hope those of you waiting for the Masterworks Edition of the art book can forgive me, but I didn’t have time to select, glue in and ship out the last 40 copies or so orders. I promise they will ship no later than Monday! The book is beautiful, the concept sketches unique, rare, original and cool. I even bought one for myself.

Likewise, I want to apologize to those of you who may have called or emailed only to get: “Sorry, he’s not available.” or just ignored for the last several days (Doug, Mark, Braden, Comfort, Adam, Barry, James, Dennis, Chris, Tony, Rita, and a host of others). We needed to get Hades done no matter what!!!

I also hope I didn’t scare or worry too many of you with my disappearing act. No Murmurs or press release for two weeks had a few people contacting Palladium via e-mail or telephone to ask if everything was okay. Yes, we are fine, just exhausted, busy and kicking out product.

Good things are happening at Palladium

The art book is gorgeous. Hades is awesome (well, we may be a little punchy and delirious from exhaustion, but we love it and think you will too). Dyval is next. The color catalog looks sharp. Our Gen Con ads are in place in Scrye and ICV2. I’ve several projects in the pipeline, and a particular license who shall remain unnamed is all but signed, sealed and delivered. We should have a big announcement at (or after) Gen Con. I hope to be able to make an “official” announcement at Gen Con!

I still have a million things to do so, I hope you don’t mind if I run. Check out the new Press Release going up later tonight for more details.

Keep the faith. Thanks for caring and keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Mad Man

© Copyright August 9, 2007, Palladium Books Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”