An exhausting week

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

An exhausting week

Unread post by Kevin »

An exhausting week

Boy, this week has been exhausting, not just for me, but for the guys.

I’ve worked 13 days straight with them all being 12-15 hour days, trying to take care of business and get Hades done too. I accomplished a great deal, but it’s never enough and Hades is at least 4-5 days from completion. It’s freakin’ awesome and I'm pumped about the book, but I wish I could get this one to bed and to the printers. I hate big books (224 pages), because they take forever (about 500 manuscript pages).

Alex has been busy with the second Palladium Auction. Bidding is more reserved and there are still plenty of items available at good prices. And when he wasn't dealing with auction issues, he's edited oh . . . something like 137 Hades manuscript pages.

Then Wayne gets to edit those 137 pages plus he's been delayed with problems and confusion with the electronic files of the color catalog (all got resolved Thursday), and posting stuff on our message boards.

Julius was busy prepping orders of the Zeleznik art book and doing other work, while Hank made 260 boxes to ship the art books in (the masterwork edition gets double boxed for maximum protection).

Meanwhile, Kathy processed something like a totals of 319 orders this week (including books other than the art book) and is still fighting that flu-like cough thing that went around in January and February. How she caught it in June, I don’t know, but its hanging on and driving her crazy.

Palladium Auction – Ends Sunday July 22

Don’t forget about Palladium’s second auction. It ends tomorrow – Sunday, July 22, 2007. A quickie list of items is in the July 20 Press Release.

There are still plenty of good deals to be had in the auction, so check ‘em out and have fun. Our next auction is probably three months away.

Hey, check out Friday’s Press Release for updates on the shipping of Rifts® and the Megaverse® – the Art of John Zeleznik (shipping has been delayed till Tuesday), and a quickie list for the auction.

I’m going home after editing and rewriting 36 manuscript pages in a 14 hour day -- a good day -- plus this murmur and some other stuff. I’m beat.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, and Auctioneer
© Copyright July 21, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”