Oh no, not another one . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I went to my third funeral home visit in five months. This time it was the death of a friend’s mother, Nellie Martin.

I didn’t know the lady, but from what I heard, she lived a long, full life. Like my Aunt Lottie, she too was 91 years old.

Kathy Simmons and I went for our dear friend, Rita Martin. The family seemed to be taking it all fairly well and we had a nice visit with Rita and her friends and family. Her older sister, Nancy, was especially pleasant and fun to talk with.

Our concern is for Rita. She has been ill these past 6-7 weeks. Struck down by mysterious back pain and imbalance that requires pain pills and a walker to get around. This is a big change from the bubbly, free spirit that Rita had been her entire life. Worse, Rita sounds like she is giving up on life. Not good. We worry about her. I've seen the war of attrition that life can be wear down and break other people (my Grandfather for one), and it makes me sad to think Rita may be giving up too.

Otherwise, I’ve been spending my time working on Hades and preparing for our next big, Palladium Collectibles and Art Auction. It starts Sunday night, July 15. There’s a lot of new, different, and fun items in this one. A fair amount of clothing (jackets and T-shirts), artwork, prints, signed and out of print books. I hope you enjoy it. I tried to make the offerings different than the last auction.

Sorry, I'm too worn out from a long day to write any more.

Have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
© copyright July 13, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”