Auction going well but Hell continues . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Auction going well but Hell continues . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

The auction is going well but Hell Week continues

I’m quite pleased with the Auction results thus far.

You never know what to expect and it is difficult for me to estimate the value of . . . well, my stuff. Especially things like "posters" that we once shipped out FREE to thousands of people, stores, distributors, etc., but which, years later, are rare, cool collectible and a piece of Palladium history. So it has been fun, exciting and a little weird.

As my buddy londonbaz noted, of course, whatever sales may be for the auction “it's never enough.” True, but whatever the end result of the Palladium Collectibles and Art Auction, it will be a big, BIG help to Palladium's cash flow! Thank you to all of you Palladium maniacs who are bidding away. :)

A pleasant surprise . . .

An unexpected check from the book trade and the sale from this first Palladium Collectibles and Art Auction, will enable Palladium to make rent and cover all the remaining bills for the month of June, except for one printing bill. Feeling very, very positive.

I even got a little creative writing done for the Swimsuit Issue of the Rifter which went in to the printer yesterday. I'm looking forward to getting back to work on Hades and Dyval.

Hell Week does continue . . .

Although things are looking up, aspects of Hell Week continues as the air conditioning went dead in the production area, upstairs where we “paste up.” We had to bring in fans and work through an increasingly warm day. Then the latch on one of the folding seats in my Toyota mini-van got stuck or broke (it won't go down!) and Hank (my Dad) has been suffering from sinus headaches. They were so bad yesterday, he had to go home early. And while the auction is doing very well, online sales have been sluggish and down the last two days. That happens sometimes as Tuesdays and Wednesday are often “slow days.” Hopefully, they pick up for the weekend. It doesn’t help that we haven’t had any new product in the month of June. Hey, folks, we are doing the best we can.

HOWEVER, if there are NO further questions about bookkeeping, delays in preparing the 2006 taxes, and online sales go back up, the auction continues to do well (it should), and I get to dive back into finishing the writing on Hades, I'll consider the demons of Hell Week exorcised! Kinda funny that we're experiencing a little batch of problems I refer to as "Hell" considering I'm working on Hell books.

The Next Palladium Auction

I think we’ll do our next auction July 9-15, after the 4th of July and Origins.

I have a lot of really cool (mostly different) items already put aside for the next Auction. Some are one of a kind “display” and PR items (like a painting-sized reproduction of the Rifts® Atlantis painting by Keith Parkinson and Revised Recon by Kevin Fales, cover paintings), old Robotech II: The Sentinels Display art, and some actual Robotech and Sentinels animation cels, a Valley of the Pharoah’s test sheet for the box cover, plus more (and some different) posters, and much more artwork. Sorry, we couldn’t squeeze it all into the first auction. Not without giving poor Alex a stroke! We’ll keep you posted.

Thank you for making the auction a success. Keep those bids coming and game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Auctioneer
© copyright June 21, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”