Hardcover Machinations of Doom ready to ship tomorrow

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Hardcover Machinations of Doom ready to ship tomorrow

Unread post by Kevin »

The hardcover Rifts® Machinations of Doom will ship tomorrow.

We had to wait to ship out the signed and numbered, limited edition hard covers of Rifts® Machinations of Doom until we got the “tip in” card from, artist, Ramon Perez.

Well, they arrived today, so I’ve been numbering and signing my little fingers off, and will “tip them in” (glue 'em into the book itself) this evening so they can ship tomorrow, Thursday, May 31, 2007.

I knew Ramon was planning to create a new original piece of art for the signature card, but he and I have been so busy, I just gave him the go ahead without approving the artwork before hand. So like you guys and gals, I had no idea what Ramon had drawn up. I wasn’t worried, because Ramon is a consummate professional and a loooong time Palladiumite. He knows what fans like. However, after I got the e-mail, Tuesday, that they were printed, signed and shipped off to Palladium, I must admit, I paused a minute and wondered what the heck he had illustrated.

It is GREAT. Funny. Cute. Color. Perfect. And I'm not gonna tell ya. I don’t want to ruin the surprise for those of you who have ordered it already, but I don't think you will be disappointed. I loved it.

I’m glad to say sales on the hard cover (and soft cover) edition have been brisk.

I want to remind you Rifts® book "collectors" of the following:

1. This is Ramon Perez’s first limited edition, hard cover “book.” And this young man is going to go far. You should know some of the things I know that he’s dabbling in. If Ramon isn’t some big name media hot shot or truly famous artist in the next 5 years, I’ll be surprised.

2. Limited to 400 signed and numbered copies. Only 200 copies available from Palladium Books. The first 100 go to Palladium for PR purposes, the next 200 copies are available for sale from Palladium, the last 100 copies go to Ramon Perez who will do only god knows what with them. Probably sell most at conventions in Canada. 400 total copies is the lowest number we've ever done for a Rifts® limited edition. (Only the Art of John Zeleznik Masterwork edition will have a smaller press run; under 200 copies that come with an original piece of art).

3. Rifts® limited edition Gold Editions have, historically, become genuine, hard to find, collector items. If you are thinking you’d like to get a copy, I suggest you do so soon. Available only while supplies last! I have a feeling this limited edition will sell out fast, so I would not wait till Christmas (maybe not even till the end of Summer) .

4. Signed by Ramon Perez and me, Kevin Siembieda, and the book looks great. Then again, I love hard cover books.

5. Sells at only $39.95 -- you can't beat that.

Consider yourselves armed and dangerous . . . er . . . given fair warning.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Card Signer
© Copyright May 30, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”