Would you spend your Honeymoon at Palladium?

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Robert and Shelby Panilo did!

Okay, to be fair, they swung by on Friday, May 25, and spent an hour or so at the Palladium Offices. But they were on their honeymoon and they seemed to enjoy their visit.

We’ve kept the store area, in the back of the warehouse, up from the Open House, so fans like Robert and Shelby can come to buy books they can’t find at their local stores.

I gave the two newlyweds a quick tour of the offices and warehouse, chatted a little, signed their book, and let Alex show them the store area, before I had to go back to work.

Robert and Shelby live in Anchorage, Alaska, but the wedding was held in Ohio where most of the family could gather without being bothered by penguins and polar bears. :)

Their best man (also from Anchorage) is a big Rifts® fan and tried to drop by the office a day or two after the Palladium Open House, but wouldn’t you know it, he came by at one of the few times I wasn’t there. And I feel like I’m ALWAYS there at the office! Well, this time, I was off running errands. So were some of the other guys, so the outer doors were locked. He had brought his copy of the Rifts® Silver Edition (1990s) with him from Alaska with the hopes of getting it signed by me. He was disappointed that he missed out on the opportunity, so his dear friends, the newlyweds, were kind enough to come by the office to get it signed for him. How nice is that?

Robert and Shelby also bought a few odds and ends from the store, including a Birthday present for that same friend. I can’t say what it was because he might read these Murmurs, but I think he’ll be very, very pleased.

It was a sweet, nice and a fun diversion from a typical day.

We wish Robert and Shelby a long and happy marriage and send a cheerful hello to them and their best man. Game on! Hey, we had another gent from Alaska at the Open House, that's four visiting Alaskans in something like a month! Cool.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, and Tour Guide
© Copyright May 30, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”