15-Fun, silliness & 300 Spartans

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

15-Fun, silliness & 300 Spartans

Unread post by Kevin »

Fun and silliness

Wayne Smith, Brandon Aten and I just got back from seeing the movie, 300. It’s not history, but it sure is fun. If you enjoy lot of spear and sword play, blood and Juicer’s disguised as Spartans, you’ll enjoy this movie! Um, definitely not a date flick, but very much worth seeing. Just go prepared to see a fantasy-style movie, not a docu-drama. History buffs may scream, but those of you into action and cool visuals will want to see it again! It’s gotten me and Brandon pumped up.

Brandon Aten always brings a lot of energy to the office and inspires goofy fun and discussion on many topics. Jason Marker dropped by yesterday to do some writing on his BTS-2™ sourcebook, and Jeff Hanson swung by mostly to chat and cause trouble. From what I’ve seen and heard of Brandon Aten and Taylor White’s Rifts® Triax™ Two, it will be as epic and fun as the original Triax & the NGR™. The Beyond the Supernatural sourcebook Jason Marker is working on is also going to be a crowd pleaser.

Jeff Hansen’s Warpath: Urban Jungle™ RPG is coming along too.

Of course I’ve been pounding away on D-Bees of North America™. I’ve edited and made the necessary changes to all 36-37 new D-Bees and I’ve been working on the D-Bees pulled from other titles as well as my contributions to The Rifter #38.

This going to be another great issue of The Rifter #38. There is a lot of very good source material including stuff for Game Masters, Splicers®, System’s Failure™, Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy®. I think my personal favorite, though, has to be Mark Hall’s Fantasy material on Slavery in the Palladium Fantasy RPG® setting (excellent writing). The cover depicting a Wolfen facing a barbarian in combat was also inspired by that article and is gonna be beauty by artist Mark Evans. The cover for the July Swimsuit issue by David Martin came in this week too. Wow. You are going to love it.

Yep, the ideas are flying, the art is pouring in, and our fingers are pounding the key boards to create a plethora of dynamic new RPG books.

Oh, and though it has taken a while, the contract negotiations for Robotech® have picked up and seem to be going well. We’re still pumped up about doing Robotech again. We’ll keep ya posted as things move forward.

Well that’s it for now. Gotta get back to work.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, and Spartan Warrior!
© copyright March 9, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”