Progress on other new Palladium titles

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Progress on other new Palladium titles

Unread post by Kevin »

Progress on other new titles

Rifts® Sourcebook One is selling like hot cakes. Distributor orders have been strong and online sale have been spectacular! Another 37 copies sold in just the last two days! That puts the total somewhere around 187 copies sold, online, in just the first two days of release. Awesome.

Rifts® D-Bees of North America™. The D-Bees book is the brainchild of freelance writer, Jason Richards. Jason asked if I had ever thought of collecting all the D-Bees into one book. I said, yes, but it would be too big. He suggested limiting it to just the D-Bees of North America and adding a few new ones to spruce it up. I said, great idea, but I don’t have the time. The next thing I knew, Jason was rounding up other freelance writers to contribute to the book. Thanks everybody.

The end result is a pretty nifty sourcebook with 36-40 new D-Bees (all very cool and different) and around 50-60 old favorites, updated and expanded some. All provide fun, inhuman characters to play. All should spark ideas for adventures and help define intelligent life in North America. Oh, yeah, the artwork is all new as well. The art looks great and the book is coming along very, nicely. It should go to the printer next week, and ship sometime around March 26.

Have you ever wanted your characters to visit the planes of Hell?

Well, now you can, thanks to Carl Gleba. Rifts® Dimension Book 10: Hades – Pits of Hell, maps and describes Hades and its denizen. All the sub-demons, demons, Worms of Taut, and new monsters are collected into one juicy book along with page after page of descriptions about different domains and kingdoms of Hades, their rulers and horrors. The art is also fantastic and will give you a new appreciation of the talented Jeffery Russell. This is the next book I dive into editing and cleaning up for an April release. Easily adapted to Palladium Fantasy.

Rifts® Dimension Book 11: Dyval – Hell Unleashed is another plane of Hell and long-time rival of Hades. It too is mapped, described, present new monsters and offers all sorts of adventure ideas. It is a “stand alone” sourcebook, but is also a great companion to Hades and moves forward the Minion War sweeping epic adventure. Demons (Hades) and Dyval (Deevils) have been competing and messing with each other for ages, now they are at war, and humans and other people in the Megaverse® are caught in the middle. Expected as a May release.

What is the Minion War™?

The concept is simple. Hades and Dyval are two different Hell-dimensions. They have been rivals for countless millennia (and two Hells that have been part of the Palladium Megaverse for 24 years!). Well, Hades has had enough and invades Dyval to conquer it. Dyval fights back and the war spills into the Megaverse where humans and other races across the Megaverse® are caught in the middle. Cool, eh?

Rifts® Dimension Book 10: Hades is the book that lays the ground work to the Minion War crossover series, but it is also a “stand alone” book about this particular Hell dimension. Likewise, Dyval is the evil twin of Hades and the book depicts the people, monsters and places within that dimension of Hell, but also advances the Minion War storyline.

Rifts® Dimension Book 12: Dimensional Outbreak sees the Hades and Dyval’s war spill into Phase World®. More is revealed about Center and there is all kinds of demonic combat and fun. This book should be a June release.

Armaggedon Unlimited™ sees the Minion War spill into the Heroes Unlimited™ setting where superhumans find themselves battling to demons and Dyvalians to keep their war from hurting millions of innocent people. Summer release.

The Minion War™ busts loose on Rifts Earth in Megaverse® in Flames, for the cataclysmic conclusion. Summer or Fall 2007

Rifts® Machinations of Doom™ – Graphic Novel & Sourcebook – is Ramon Perez’s Lone Start comic strip from the pages of The Rifter® collected into one book plus 30-40 pages of source material! We plan to include stats on all the characters in the strip (villains, heroes and monsters), and some new adventure ideas written by me, Kevin Siembieda. Plus, Ramon is doing a new color cover, some new interior artwork and plans to include pinup art and character sketches. The book will debut at the Palladium 2007 Open House where Ramon Perez and I will be available to sign copies of the book and chat with fans. 128 pages – $20.95 U.S. retail – Cat. No. 871 – Ships May 2, 2007.

The Rifter® 38 is in production right now. Mark Evans Wolfen and Barbarian cover is gonna rock. It will contain sourcematerial for Splicers®, Systems Failure™, Chaos Earth™, and Rifts®: Light Magic, Rifts®: Darkvare (monster) and more. It ships April 6.

The Rifter® 39 will be another fun, eye-popping Summer Swimsuit issue with a gorgeous cover by David Martin that’s worth the cover price all by itself. It ships early July.

I am bursting with new ideas and I think I’m doing some of my best writing EVER! That's not ego, it is a statement born from creative excitement. Ideas are just pouring out of me.

And it’s not just me. It seems the excitement is contagious, and ALL of Palladium’s freelance writers (and artist!) are also coming up with one great book idea after another. There’s a Phase World Space Ship book by Braden Campbell, there’s Mark Hall’s Mysteries of Magic for Palladium Fantasy (which I’m dying to get to), Jason Richard’s Chaos Earth sourcebook (yet unnamed), Brandon and Taylor’s Rifts® Triax 2, Wayne Breaux’s Atorian Empire™ for HU2, the Nightbane sourcebook and a number other titles in the works.

I’m telling you, we are going to release one great book after another this year (and hopefully for years to come).

Hmm, speaking of writing books, I better get back to D-Bees of North America.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, President, Artist and Excited Writer
© Copyright March 1, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”