Tell me it’s not true . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Tell me it’s not true . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

Tell me it’s not true. . .

Rifts® Sourcebook One – Delayed
till Tuesday or Wednesday, February 27 or 28

The most hotly anticipated Palladium release since Rifts® Ultimate Edition and problems at the printer has delayed it a few extra days.

Palladium expected to ship the book today, Friday, February 23, 2007 or Monday, February 26, but it’s not going to happen.

The color cover press and lamination machine broke yesterday morning and all attempts to fix it quickly have failed. Ironically, Rifts Sourcebook One was to be the very next book on the press when it broke!

The printer, being a great outfit, has sent the Rifts® Sourcebook One cover files to another local printer to print it for them. The interior pages are already printed and waiting for the cover so it can be bound and shipped to Palladium.

UNFORTUNATELY, our printer will not get the covers back till sometime on Monday, which means we will not get Rifts® Sourcebook One till Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

We apologize for the unavoidable delay and appreciate our printer’s effort to get the book finished and to us as soon as possible. We hope you understand. We are as disappointed as anyone, plus this hurts our cash flow, but there’s nothing we can do about it.

I know Rifts® Sourcebook One, Revised and Updated will be everything most of you want it to be. Just hang on a few more days longer.

You can try to badger Subjugator into telling you about the book. I sent him the proofreader’s copy (signed by the Palladium crew) in exchange for a favor he did for me. So he is the ONLY PERSON OUTSIDE THE PALLADIUM OFFICES to have seen the finished book.

Further Delays in the Palladium Release Schedule?

We hope not, but they seem inevitable. The broken machine at the printer is likely to push their schedule back a week or two, which means our next 3-4 books may also be delayed by one or two weeks. That’s not too bad. We just wanted to give everybody a heads-up.

In other news

Palladium is collecting Ramon Perez’s Lone Star comic strip from the pages of The Rifter® and combining it with stats on all vital characters to make it a combination graphic novel and sourcebook. Ramon plans on doing some new artwork for the RPG section, plus some character sketches and such. This was Ramon’s idea and something fans have been asking about for years.

The book will be called Rifts® Machinations of Doom, is black and white, and should debut at the Palladium Open House May 4, 5, & 6, 2007(shipping to distributors a few day earlier).

Price is $20.95 – for a 128 page book with 70+ pages of comic strip art. It would cost you more than $50 to buy each issue of The Rifter® to get the complete comic strip. Plus the heroes, villains and monsters can now be used as characters in your Rifts® campaigns.

Londonbaz is a father!

Isabelle Anne was delivered at 10:13, February 21, 2007, and weighed 5 lbs and 12 ounces. To quote her proud father, “She is absolutely perfect and I am hopelessly smitten already.”

All of us at Palladium Books want to send Londonbaz our heartfelt congratulations and warmest wishes to the new father and mother. This is their first child, so they are very excited about the new arrival.

Londonbaz is a frequent poster on the Palladium Message Boards and a pen pal of mine. One of the good things that came out of last year’s Crisis of Treachery is that I have met scores of wonderful Palladium fans, and I’ve become friends with a couple dozen of them. Londonbaz (as the name might suggest) lives in England, so we have never met, but we have become friends (or as Barry would say, “mates”) over the last several months via e-mail correspondence. It was Londonbaz who suggested the Name Contest among other ideas. Be happy Daddio.

John Zeleznik is a confirmed guest at Palladium Open House

So there can be no doubt: John Zeleznik’s hotel room and flights are booked, and he’s bringing a pile ‘o artwork and prints with him. John will be one of many, many Palladium creators at the Open House. You can read all about the gaming event and 50 guests on the Open House message board. Comfort Deborah Love, Adam Withers, Brian and Allen Manning, Ramon Perez, and many others have also confirmed their appearance. I wrote a short bio on each and every guest. It’s posted on the Open House Message Board too. Read, get a ticket and come on down.

I know I keep saying this, but I hope a lot of you come over to Michigan and join the fun. This event is more like a giant, loving family get-together than an ordinary game convention. It’s held at the Palladium offices and warehouse, many games are run by the people who created them, and it’s nothing but dedicated role-playing game events. Get your tickets and reserve your room today!

Okay, gotta get back to work on Rifts® D-Bees.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
President, Publisher, Writer, Artist and Waiting for Sourcebook One
© Copyright 2007 Feb 23, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”