Gearing up for D-Bees of North America

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Gearing up for D-Bees of North America

Unread post by Kevin »

Hey Folks,

Sorry I haven’t been posting much, still busy as all get-out.

I hope to dive into D-Bees of North America by tomorrow (Friday, February 16, 2007) and I’m pretty pumped up about it. I think this will be another great book. Oh, a few people have wondered why we changed the title to make it a World Book instead of a sourcebook. Ironically, I originally planned on it being a Rifts® Sourcebook, but changed my mind because of the size, 192 pages, and because it is D-Bees of North America, which sounds like “world” data to me. Just figured it fit better as a world book.

This week has been spent getting caught up on other work. It's always a juggling act to manage everything, so while I was in my “zen writing mode” on Rifts® Sourcebook One, a lot of other work got put on hold. As a result, I had the following to accomplish on my schedule for this week: 3-4 Press releases to various places (one will be posted on line today/Feb 15), discuss preparations and strategies for the Open House, write and post an expansive update for the Palladium Open House/Game Convention May 4, 5, 6, 2007 (also going up online this afternoon), write a couple of ads, review the Robotech contract, send out Palladium contracts to artists and writers, assigning artwork for upcoming books, make Gen Con exhibition arrangements, pay a few bills, Valentine's Day with my sweetie, write a Murmur or two so people don’t think I’m dead, and catching up with correspondences.

I'm tickled pink that so many of you have enjoyed my Nightmares of a Tin Man teaser for Rifts® Sourcebook One, Revised and Expanded. 2007 marks my 26th year of writing and publishing role-playing games and sourcebooks, and I still get excited and a little nervous about a new release. Especially one like this, where so many people are excited about it. Pre-orders (currently around 135 copies) have shattered previous advanced orders for a sourcebook and there’s still a week to go before it is released. Clear evidence of the level of anticipation for this book. As the writer, you always wonder if you have delivered the goods. If it’s as good as it can be, and whether people will like it as much as you hope. I think it delivers and I think you’re gonna love it, but there’s still that bit of nervousness. Sorta like an expecting father, I guess. This certainly isn’t my first baby, but the thrill is still there, and so are the pre-release jitters.

Okay, gotta get back to work. Keep those imaginations burning bright.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, Convention Organizer and Jittery Fella
© February 15, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”