Writing At last!

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Writing At last!

Unread post by Kevin »

Writing At last!

I can scarcely believe it myself, but last night I sat down and wrote. It has been something like 3-4 months since I’ve written anything for a game book. That’s the longest I’ve gone without writing every day in . . . gosh, ever! I have to admit, I was a secretly a bit worried. In 25 year at the helm of Palladium Books I have NEVER taken that much time off from writing. Not ever. Would ideas come slowly? Would my writing be stale?

Heck no! The words have been pouring out of me like crazy! The ideas are shooting out of head and onto the page like rockets! I’m on fire! I wrote for about eight hours last night and seven hours today. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between rewrites and new material on Rifts® Sourcebook One™ and D-Bees of North America™ (plus some notes on two other projects). Both are gonna be great books, by the way. I have wonderful ideas for Archie and the Republicans and the new D-Bees created by the freelancer writers are rockin’.

If I can keep up the breakneck pace (I put in an additional 6-8 hours doing other stuff at that office both days), I expect Rifts® Sourcebook One™ to come by the end of December and D-Bees of North America™ in January along with The Rifter® #37 and Rifts® Dimension Book™ 10: Hades – Pits of Hell™ are also slated for a January 2007 release. Sourcebook One would be out sooner, but our printer remains on an extended print schedule, so that’s the best we can do. Oh well, I think it will be work the wait you’re going to love these next 3-6 books.

Rifts® Ultimate Edition – 2nd Printing

Rifts® Ultimate Edition should be going in for reprint next week which means it should be available in Janauary 2007 too.

There are no major changes in the second printing, just a bunch of minor fixes and corrections, including replacing the two Nokia advertisement pages with two pages of artwork (which was always our plan and will please the folks who hated the ads being there in the first place).

Unfortunately, being a big, 376 page hardcover book, it takes 10 weeks to print. There are less than 500 copies of RUE first printing currently in stock, so there may be a 2-5 week period when this core book is not in stock. The second printing will see a modest price increase of two dollars, going from $33.95 to $35.95 retail.

Rifts® Ultimate Gold is almost gone

By the way, I think we only have around 20 copies of Rifts Ultimate Gold available for sale, too. Rifts is going fast. Get ‘em while you can, especially if you were planning on getting one as a Christmas present for somebody.

Prices Going Up – Just a Little

As I posted a few months ago and in The Rifter®, Palladium will be raising its prices slightly. Typically a buck or two. That’s not too bad and still keeps our products the buy in gaming, $5-$15 less than comparable products from most of our competitors.

The Rifter® will increase to $10.95 retail from $9.95 starting with Number 37 in January, 2007, but those who subscribe now will still get the old price and we’ll have our annual re-subscription special offer in February as usual.

Rifts® Free Quebec will be available on line around December 4, as a special printing with an slightly increased price of $22.95 retail.

Well, that’s the latest for now. I just wanted to share my breakthrough at finally getting back to writing. I still have other things too do as I continue to clear my plate, but I can now spend half my time writing for 6-8 hours a day. Sweet.

Thanks for listening to my Murmurings.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
President, Artist, Game Designer and WRITER!
© November 16, 2006

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”