The way things break . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

The way things break . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

Palladium has been plagued by a series of health issues.

It all started after the Palladium Open House in May.

First, Mark Dudley suffers a diabetic stroke, back in June (or end of May) and scares the heck out of his family and us. I’m very glad to report he is doing fine, looking great (dropped some pounds) and doing well after 3-4 weeks of rehab. Mark is back to work and drawing his heart out. We love this big lug, so hopefully he will continue to eat properly and take care of himself.

Then we had a scare with Kathy Simmon’s health just as we were getting ready to leave for Gen Con. Basically she was suffering from exhaustion. She’s fine now, sassy, busy processing your orders, and working two other jobs! Hmmm.

Wayne Smith comes back from Gen Con with a terrible head-cold and has been miserable, sniffling all over the office and warehouse. (He better not give it me!) He's also got a bum right hand and hopes he hasn't gotten carpal tunnel syndrome -- not from work, but from playing videogames!!!! What the . . .

Then yesterday, my Dad, Henry Siembieda, is on his way to his car to go to work, trips in a pothole in the parking lot, and falls down hard. In addition to getting a little scraped up, he bruised his ribs and fractured his elbow on his left arm. The poor guy will have his arm in a cast and a sling for the next 6-8 weeks and may have to go through some rehab afterward. He’ll also be out of work for the next month and a half. My dear Father, who’ll turn 76 this December, can probably use the break, but I know he’ll miss coming to work.

Meanwhile, our healthy and happy intern, Margaret, got herself a part time job and won’t be at Palladium over the next 4-6 weeks either.

That leaves Palladium a little short-handed, but we’re plugging along.

People are more important than anything else, so I’m just glad nobody is suffering from anything very serious.
And before anybody asks, Alex, Julius, Jeff and I are all fine. Overworked and tired, but fine.

There’s more going on – we're processing X-Mas in July Grab Bags yesterday (extended one week to August 22nd), I’m going to be doing the cover for the Ubercon Program Book, Madhaven is sold out at most stores and distributors (so where are those reorders!), and much more -- but that’s my murmur for today.

A new Press Release will appear later today or tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Healthy Workhorse

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”