A quiet day here - June 18 2020

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I know a lot of people during the Covid-19 pandemic have talked about how much they hate being isolated and sheltered in place. I’m not a fan of it either. I especially miss the guys at the office, get togethers and birthday parties (we have a lot of birthdays in the spring; Kathy’s and Alex’s being the most recent), and going to the movies and bookstores, among other things. Not mention Gen Con! I need to check out what the virtual Gen Con has to offer and in what ways Palladium should participate. Btw, I’m open to suggestions on that front.

However, I have always found places to travel inside my head, so it is relaxing, even comforting to be sitting here at my keyboard inside a big empty building traveling down paths of imagination as I work on books. I’m not stuck indoors, I’m romping across the Megaverse® and having a great time. And I’m not alone either. YOU are here with me. As I noted in the past, I always bring my audience and past friends and players with me as I imagine how player X or Y might react to any given encounter or use (or misuse) of a weapon, power, or spell, etc.

At the moment that adventure-filled romp is material for Rifts® CS Manhunters. But every new setting, story, villain, monster, device, psionic ability, or magic spell is a thrill of creation for me. A creation that gets all wrapped up in a nice package and released as an RPG or sourcebook for you.

A big part of the joy of creation and writing, for me, is knowing I am presenting ideas and characters and stories that will inflame your own imaginations and inspire you to create your own fabulous characters and imaginings to carry you through one enthralling adventure after another. Adventures filled with action and intrigue, drama and comedy, combat and puzzle solving, exploration and camaraderie. But most of all, laughter and fun.

I love every aspect of role-playing, from creating games and sourcebooks to Game Mastering and playing in them. I especially love the improvisation that takes place, and the surprises and cleverness of my players, Of course, at the essence of RPGs is the story that the G.M. and players create together and grows organically. Often taking directions nobody expected or anticipated. Man oh man, there is truly nothing like role-playing games, which is why playing them creates stories and memories and friendships that can last the test of time. Pretty amazing. No wonder I love this medium of expression.

Keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.

Kevin Siembieda
That Publisher Guy

Copyright 2020 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
This Murmur may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and good will.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”