Murmurs and Mutterings – June 13, 2020

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Things are starting to feel like they are settling down for me here at Palladium, which is good. I am feeling much better, though a bit worn out.

Ideas for CS Manhunters were flowing nicely. I wrote the description for Animal Empathy and notes for additional uses of Ectoplasm, among other psionic abilities. I’m still bouncing around the various parts of the CS Manhunters book and going wherever inspiration may carry me.

For reasons unknown, I am excited about writing creatures ... monsters. I guess that is a good thing considering Rifts® Bestiary Vol. 2 and BTS Creature Feature are waiting for me. lol.

Getting the new Dead Reign® sourcebook In the Face of Death back from the printer was one of the highlights of my week. It, like Garden of the Gods (Fantasy), was truly inspired in ways I had not expected when I started writing the book. I love it when a book takes on a life of its own, because it becomes something of an exciting adventure of discovery even for me, the guy writing it. In the Face of Death has one strong idea and new approach to the Zombie Apocalypse and RPG storytelling after another. Things that can be applied to most game settings, especially post apocalyptic settings. Things that I hope will inspire both players and Game Masters alike. Things like kids/youngsters as players and player characters and villainous archetypes that I suspect will find their way into other RPG settings and titles.

Mark Oberle’s contributions to In the Face of Death were fun and inspiring as well. We work well together and his clean, clever work always inspires me. Not quite on the same level as the late, great Erick Wujcik or Matthew Clements or Carl Gleba, both of whom are busy with other things at the moment, but he is right up there. Mark also submitted material for CS Manhunters and is busy working on the Rifts® Lazlo World Book. He believes he’ll have this long awaited sourcebook done by the end of July and I expect to make it available first as a Raw Preview, before I can give it a final edit and add my own ideas this fall or winter.

I usually enjoy working with other writers and just because I have not mentioned every freelance writer and idea guy I have ever worked with like Chuck Walton, Brandon Aten, Greg Diaczyk, Steven Dawes, and a multitude of others, should not be taken to mean anything more than I’m not doing a laundry list of names in this Murmur.

Overnight sales were strong which always puts a little pep in my step and reduces my worry quotient. Lots of Dead Reign®, In the Face of Death, Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® titles selling, but a little bit of everything, really. In fact, since I’m taking a break from book writing, as soon as I’m done with this Murmur I need to pull and pack them in the warehouse as prep for Monday shipping. I hope folks are still enjoying getting random signatures from me in their books. I like to think it makes people smile and feel appreciated when they get a signature or quick note from me. I’m especially cognizant of orders from new customers, which has been quite a few over the weeks, and those living in distant countries who I’m likely to never meet in person.

That’s it for now. Please stay safe and positive in these troubled times. Continue to use role-playing games as a way to bring family and friends together and escape your frustrations and worries for a little while. Games are a great way to bring a little laughter, fun and adventure into your lives anywhere, anytime.

Love You All,
Kevin Siembieda
That Publisher Guy

Copyright 2020 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
This Murmur may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and good will.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”