A Strange Covid19 Dream

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

A Strange Covid19 Dream

Unread post by Kevin »

A Strange Covid19 Dream

I guess the Covid19 coronavirus is getting to me more than I realized, because I had a nightmare about it.

In my dream I wake up at three in the morning with a sore, scratchy throat and a bad cough. I’m burning up with a fever. Just then, my phone on the night stand rings and it is the doctor. Yeah, right, like my doctor would call me at 3 AM with test results (what test results?) but you know how crazy dreams can be. Well it is not my doctor, it is Doctor Fauci — you know, the guy we see on the news all the time, the one who is a White House Infectious Disease advisor! He talks to me like he knows me and I’m his patient. Then he tells me I have tested positive and to self-quarantine. Not just self-quarantine, but not to leave the bedroom except to go to the bathroom! And to avoid all contact with everyone. That Kathy should leave food and water at the bedroom door, knock and leave, like I’m a prisoner or something.

Then, the dream switches to Kathy wearing a surgical mask, latex gloves and a plastic poncho, disinfecting everything in the house with a rag, a sponge, and a spray bottle of Clorox Clean Up. The whole time she is complaining about why must I touch everything.

Funny, right? Though it was deadly serious in my dream and in it I was terrified that Kathy might get sick because of me and I felt bad she had to disinfect the house all by herself.

As I emerged out of the dream realm and back into reality, I was surprised and relieved that I had no sore throat, cough, or fever. I quickly realized it had been a nightmare. I got up and walked around a bit to shake it off and took my temperature for good measure – 97.7, whew.

Crazy and kinda of funny. Still it made me reevaluate our situation and the precautions we are taking. And it is not one bit funny for those who have contracted Covid19 coronavirus, so please do not think I’m making light of our situation.

I currently know two long-distance gaming pals in the USA who have caught the virus. Thank god, while both were clobbered by it, they seem to be doing okay for the moment. So if you think the public concern is overblown, think again.

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but please be smart and safe and take care of yourself and your loved ones. Follow CDC recommendations and try to stay positive and hopeful. I know that can be very difficult especially when you, yourself, may be facing economic uncertainty, or may be laid off and on unemployment, or the company you work for is closed due to the Stay At Home order and may not reopen. It is scary as hell. And that’s all on top of the fear and apprehension over the Covid19 coronavirus.

But we cannot let ourselves give in to panic and fear. We need to stick together, work together, and strive for a better future. We can’t lose our humanity or empathy for others. We need to find our joy and let it help keep us calm and stable and going strong.

Personally, I believe we can survive this and persevere. And by we, I don’t mean just Palladium Books. I mean all of us. It will be scary and difficult, but we can do it. We have to do it. Americans are notoriously inventive and resourceful, bold and brave. This is the time to show our stuff.

I hope this Murmur didnt’ turn into a bummer, because I’m feeling quite hopeful at the moment. Determined to get through this and wow you with one wonderful new book after another.

Stay Well and Game On!

Kevin Siembieda
That Publisher Guy

Copyright 2020 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
This Murmur may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and good will.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”