Surviving Covid-19. How are you?

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Good I hope. Please try to stay positive and hopeful. Though I know it is hard to do.

I don’t know about you, but I have been struggling with hope and positivity every day. Particularly in the mornings after I watch an hour or so of news to see if there is anything new and important I need to know or do. Except there is seldom anything truly new or encouraging. The Covid-19 coronavirus is following projections and if you are responsible, we are already doing everything we can to curb the spread.

Unfortunately, the news is predominantly gloom and doom with little sprinkles of silly videos and a report on a heartwarming charity or act of kindness that I imagine is supposed to lift our spirits, except it is followed by a mountain of more gloom and doom. And, it seems to me, a sudden increase in the amount of ugly political crap. It paralyzes you until you can shake it off. If you can shake it off.

I have spoken with a lot of friends and family lately. Everyone is trying to stay positive and deal with the situation. Most sounded like they were handling things very, very well and I was very happy to hear so many whose spirits were high, despite layoffs and uncertainty about their jobs and the future. A few sounded a bit worn out or sad but are hanging tough. Only a couple sounded a bit panicked and scared. Pretty much everyone sounded frustrated and even angry at times, but overall, positive and hopeful as we all weather the storm. Which is all most of us can do.

I’m thrilled to report that the Palladium crew remains healthy and virus free, at least as far as any of us knows. We feel fine. Please remember, 98% of people who may catch Covid-19 will survive it. Many will barely notice they have it. You or I could have it right now (God forbid), and not even realize it. because we have just a little cough or sore throat or NO symptoms at all. Because we think we’re fine, we could spread it to our friends and loved ones and complete strangers – anyone we come into close contact. Which, if you haven’t heard this a thousand times already, is what makes Covid-19 so insidious and frightening. Hence the request for everyone to stay isolated, wear masks when they must go out and all the other precautions. The good news as stated, 98% will recover, please do not lose sight of that among all the scary crap.

If you and your family are healthy, good work and keep it that way by being wise. Stay isolated. Be safe. Do your best to curb the spread via the simplest things you can do, keep to yourself, avoid going out into the world, wash your hands frequently, etc., but please do not live in fear, gloom, doom, or panic. Lose yourself in gaming or whatever it is that can give you a little peace, laughter, and quiet your mind. That’s why I keep suggesting gaming ideas. I mean, we’re role-playing gamers, if we cannot escape into realms of fantasy and fun for a little R&R, who can?

Upon rereading this Murmur before I posted it, I decided to scrap two pages because I was on a rant, just venting and rambling away without purpose. At least I got it purged out of my system. Here is what you probably want to know:

The bottom-line for Palladium Books: As far as we know, we are all healthy and ready to rock n' roll. I will continue to pack and ship your game orders so please, please, please, keep them coming. Take advantage of the book sale on the Palladium website and the DriveThruRPG sale for PDF titles. I will continue to write and get books in the can. Not good books, great books. I sometimes wonder if I’m a mutant, because despite all of this, I still have a zillion ideas banging around inside my skull. A new book idea popped into my cranium on Friday, but my focus is on the books that are supposed to be coming soon. I’ll try to get freelance artists and writers to keep working from home they need the distraction and the money. All we need to do is stick together, work together, and try to push out the noise to focus on book.

I read someplace that we all need to find the one or two things that bring us joy during these uncertain times. Well, writing books, creating new worlds and talking to you do that for me, so that’s what I’m gonna do. I am tired of worrying. Time to push full steam ahead by diving back into joyous acts of fabulous creation. I hope you use your imaginations in a similar vein.

Stay Well and Keep those Imaginations Burning Bright,

Kevin Siembieda
That Publisher Guy

Copyright 2020 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
This Murmur may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and good will.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”