What’s happening from the frozen north -- Feb 17, 2015

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

What’s happening from the frozen north -- Feb 17, 2015

Unread post by Kevin »

What’s happening from the frozen north

Time is flying by and there is never enough time to do everything that needs to get done. That said, things are moving along on many fronts.

The weekend was kinda weird. Friday night I stayed late so I could pound out a big batch of Bizantium – 63 manuscript pages (about 31 printed pages of the book). Had been pushing hard for weeks, so I thought I’d take Valentine’s Day off and spend it with my sweetheart, Kathy, before she forgets what I look like. It was nice.

Sunday I’m back at work on Bizantium and the Northern Islands, but the writing came difficult and slow. I had a terrible day writing Sunday but still put in a solid 8 hour day. Enjoyed the Walking Dead TV show later that evening, but I tossed and turned all night. I had so much on my mind that I couldn’t sleep. I was tired, but my head wouldn’t let me sleep. Kept waking up every hour or hour and a half. Read a bit. Watched some TV. Would fall back to sleep only to wake up an hour later. Sucked. Hasn’t helped that the weather has been as gloomy and cold as the Great Ice Shelf in Palladium Fantasy. Dang. Zero and below. Windchill making it -20 and -30. Brrr. Painfully cold. We're supposed to get a couple inches of snow over the next day or two. Starting to snow a bit as I write this at 4:00 PM, Tuesday afternoon. Hah! You’d think the cold would inspire my work on Bizantium which is set in the North Sea beyond the Great Northern Wilderness, but somehow it has not.

Perhaps not surprising, Monday was a funky day. Worked on a number of things and tried to help a friend, but didn’t feel like I got much done. Felt like I was moving slow while the hours zoomed past. Should have probably called it a night, but pressed on anyway. Didn’t get home till 9:30 that night.

Happy to say, today – Tuesday, February 17, 2015 – things are coming along much better. Walked for an hour this morning, made some business calls, banged out eight pages of Bizantium and looking to tackle some more after I have lunch and send out a few contracts and art assignments.

Meanwhile, Jeff Burke is working on Robotech® RPG Tactics™ stuff and Wayne Smith and Alex Marciniszyn are, for the moment, working on Rifter material. Glad to see a bunch of address updates/changes coming in from our Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter supporters in Europe and Australia. We NEED all of our backers to send us address changes so they receive their long-awaited product without further delay or difficulty. God, I'm glad these are finally going to be mailed out over the next few weeks.

Still trying to figure out ways to promote our products better. We have a number of things we’re kicking around, but want input from you guys.

We need to do a better job promoting great games like Robotech® RPG Tactics™, Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign® and all the rest we have to offer. That means some changes on the Palladium website I need to implement soon too.

Always busy. Gotta get back to work.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright February 17, 2015 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”