Goodbye James Boone Clements -- December 7, 2014

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Goodbye James Boone Clements -- December 7, 2014

Unread post by Kevin »

Goodbye James Boone Clements

Saturday afternoon, Kathy Simmons and I went to the memorial service for James Boone Clements, the father of Palladium author and friend, Matthew Clements. As one might expect, the service was a mixture of tears and laughter, love and sorrow, as Matt led the memorial with a warm and beautiful tribute to his Dad, Mom and family. It was clear that his words were inspired by love and the deepest affection – the kind that can only be voiced by a son who cherished his father.

Matt’s words – perfectly balanced with humor and warmth – were followed by other family members and friends recounting what made this man so remarkable and why he will be so deeply missed. There were so many family and friends that they filled the entire funeral home. A testament in and of itself to how much James meant to those who knew and loved him. What a nice family.

I found the memorial to be pleasantly uplifting. Person after person spoke of James Clements' positivity, charm, creativity, and generosity as a father and friend. He always found time for his family and friends and always fought through every challenge and adversity that came his way. They talked about how he worked hard but always found time for his family. They spoke of his sense of humor, musical talent and positive view of the world. Even when a stroke made life an unexpected battle, James strove to fight and be the best he could be. Oh, he didn’t wear rose colored glasses, far from it, but James chose to embraced beauty, laughter and joy rather than wallow in ugliness and despair. I could relate to this man who would stop to drink in the beauty of a sunset or marvel at the fleeting majesty of a rainbow. This was a good man who earned the love and respect that now poured out from everyone present.

The warmth and love that radiated from the people of this packed funeral home – practically bursting at the seams from the multitude who came to pay their respects – made me feel sad for their loss yet at the same time there was that warmth and positivity. Seeing such love is a rare experience and one that must be appreciated. James Clements was not famous. He didn’t cure cancer or build an invention that changed the world, but his honest and positive spirit touched, inspired and enriched the lives of everyone who knew him. I don’t think any man can ask for a better legacy. From what I can tell, James was a great man. Not by the measure of history, but by the measure of his friends and family.

I never had the pleasure of meeting James Clements, but in a very real sense, I already I knew him quite well. For the many noble traits that made him so beloved by all who knew him reside in his son, Matthew.

As Kathy and I left the memorial service, the sun had finally poked through the gray clouds, and I could not help thinking it was James, a proud father and friend to many, smiling down upon those he loved so much. I hope I can be as good a father and friend to the people I love. Rest in peace, James.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Son and Friend

P.S. Happy Birthday, Dad. My own father, Henry “Hank” Siembieda, who passed away in 2010 was another great father and good man who is missed. Today (and December 14th; that’s another story) would have been his birthday. Love ya, Dad.

© Copyright December 7, 2014 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”