Saturday was awesome – Mini-Update, November 9, 2014

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Saturday was awesome. There was a palpable excitement and joy to be FINALLY able to ship out Robotech® RPG Tactics™ nonstop. With containers #4 and #5 in the warehouse, we can ship like crazy, and that’s exactly what we are doing, and it feels good.

We had five volunteers on Saturday: Jimmy B. Hill and Kyle Slayton from Ohio, Christopher Ing who has been an amazing help every weekend we have been shipping (and is becoming another fan pal), Mark Dudley and Chuck Walton. Of course, the entire staff (Wayne, Jeff, Julius, Alex, Matt and myself) was here working away and Kathy Simmons made us her delicious Sloppy Joe recipe for lunch. Yum.

The really cool thing was that even though everyone was working very hard, and pretty much nonstop, there was a lot of laughter and animated conversations – almost a party atmosphere. Nice. It’s also fun to meet and chat for a few minutes with the many Kickstarter backers coming in to pick up their rewards. We had 8-10 people drop by on Saturday, a few even hung around for awhile to help. Very cool.

After shipping ending round 6:00 PM, I spent a couple hours writing. When I stopped to eat dinner, Chuck Walton was getting ready to leave. I told him if he wanted to talk for 15 minutes while I ate he was welcome do so. The next thing we knew it was 10:30 PM!! Yes, we are crazy. But it was an outstanding brainstorming session that left both of us excited about a number of future project.

It’s Sunday morning and helpers should start showing up any time now. Our goal is to have 1,000 packages ready to ship Monday morning. We are right on target with 490 already packed, posted, skidded and ready for shipment. We should be able to a comparable number today. We’ll continue to ship out 100-200 a day and make another big push next weekend, November 15 & 16, 2014.

We’ve been getting a number of Kickstarter backers emailing us saying, “Hey, my buddy got his Wave One rewards, but I haven’t gotten mine yet.” Do not worry, your rewards will be coming SOON! And Canada and Overseas will follow after that.

The Packing Process

Please remember that we are shipping out to 5,000+ backers something like 8,000 packages! This is a big under taking and takes time. More importantly, until we received Containers #4 & #5 (both delayed in port for weeks) just last week, we would ship and then have to stop when we ran out of main box games. So frustrating. NOW we can finally ship, ship, ship!

But that takes more time than you might imagine. To build 1,000 boxes takes a 4 man team 6-8 hours. To unbox the main game (they come three to a case) it takes a 4 man team 6-8 hours. Btw, that's 9 pallets of games. To collate, pack, seal up, post and stack on skids for shipping, it takes a 5-6 man team 7 hours to do around 500 packages. I’ll try to remember to have Wayne post some photos in the next Weekly Update.

Meanwhile, work progresses on upcoming releases, sales have been strong, people are loving Graveyard Earth, and Christmas Surprise Package orders are coming in and shipping out fast. I’m having fun selecting goodies for the Surprise Packages, but having trouble keeping the total value under $100. I love giving back to our wonderful fans during the holiday season.

That’s it for now. Have a great weekend. We'll be thinking of you as we slave away. lol

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and a very tired Game Designer

© Copyright November 9, 2014 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”