A Short Update – July 7, 2014

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Another backbreaking day in the warehouse, especially for Jeff, Matthew and Alex. We're all going to sleep well tonight. We have cleared 85% of the floor space that we needed cleared in anticipation of Robotech® RPG Tactics product. It’s weird to see the place looking so empty and hearing an echo in one half of the facility. It will get filled up quickly when the Robotech® RPG Tactics game boxes, expansion kits, Battle Foam bags, and Kickstarter packs for Wave One start to arrive. Can hardly wait.

I wrote my keister off over the weekend and Megaverse in Flames continues to be devilish fun to work on. It never goes as fast as any of us would like, but the book is coming along very nicely and it is nothing short of epic. For those of us who have seen the book so far (Alex, Matt and I), we all agree that Carl Gleba has knocked this book out of the park. Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames has all kinds of ideas for adventure that will make your mouth water. There is so much meat to this book. Meaty characters. Meaty settings. Meaty ideas. And plenty of magic and mayhem to sink your teeth into. Yep, an outstanding book.

That’s the thing I love about Carl's work, his ideas are brilliant. I think it's because he really writes like a Game Master. Everything has a nice touch to it – cool names and ideas, motivations for NPCs that makes sense, nice continuity with the pre-existing game world (building upon what is already there, not just throwing on a pile of new ideas or taking it in strange directions), tying into events in the past, and tossing in unexpected twists and turns. Alex was, for example, surprised by the character nuances and many unexpected fun story elements and politics. And it is all so much FUN. Carl never loses sight of what makes a game/sourcebook fun for the players and Game Masters alike. Case in point, the seven Hell Plagues. I had to laugh, because when I was talking about them I found myself saying how much “fun” the plagues are. I mean, when you hear the word “plague” you don’t expect “fun” to be any part of that conversation, but the way the Hell Plagues work, they drive characters and adventures and can add to the fun of the campaign. The same is true of the NPC villains and settings. This is one Hell of a fun book. Pun intended. ;)

That’s it for now. I need to take care of a few things and get the heck outta here. I hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th of July weekend. Have a good evening and keep those imaginations burning bright.

I’ll try to post more, small Murmurs like this one, throughout the month.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright July 7, 2014 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”