A bit of fun - June 28, 2014

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

A local fan and long-time Palladium supporter, Doug, dropped by the office with another local fan and a young lady, Lizelle, visiting all the way from South Africa!

We let them pick up some product and Alex and I gave them a brief tour of the office. Turns out all three are Robotech® fans so they went absolutely nuts over the sprues, built pieces, dice, decals and printed proofs of the packaging, cards and promo materials. And I mean giddy with excitement and joy. Lizelle was literally jumping up and down and all them were gushing about the detail and quality. It was wonderful to see. If that’s the reaction we get from everybody, we have a smash hit on our hands.

Meanwhile, we are working like crazy on EVERYTHING! Jeff Burke and I both got in at 8:30 AM this morning (Saturday), and I’ve brought in writer, Matthew Clements for the next 12 days to give us a hand writing, editing and helping in other ways. He got in at 10:00 AM. Alex and Wayne will be coming in this afternoon. I’m mainly working on Megaverse® in Flames, coordination and assigning artwork on various projects. Jeff is working on Robotech® RPG Tactics. Wayne, Matt and Alex on The Rifter® #67.

We have been in frequent, daily contact with the broker representing the factories making Robotech® RPG Tactics™ as well as Ninja Division, freight forwarders and all kinds of people. There are a ton of logistical details that need to be hammered out and another learning curve for us as we learn about ocean freight, truck freight, freight by rail, pallet sizes and height requirements, timetables, Customs and so much more. Every day this week there was one or more time critical issues that had to be hammered out! Everyone is in agreement that this was the busiest and craziest week in Palladium’s 33 year history. Yesterday, poor Wayne and Alex looked like they had run several consecutive marathons. I felt the same, though I’m happy to say I’m full of energy this morning.

And that’s the thing, we’ve be so relentlessly busy (and I mean non-stop from 8:00 AM till 10:00 PM) that I haven’t had time to post Murmurs or be available for comments here or on Facebook. Will try to change that. Post small bits whenever I can.

That’s it for now. There’s a lot of work to finish.

Oh, and don’t forget this is this is the last weekend to take advantage of the HALF OFF Spring Cleaning Sale. See the most recent Weekly Update for complete details and a list of the many items on sale.

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright June 28, 2014 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”