Mini-Update February 25, 2014

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Sorry, on Saturday I said I’d keep you folks informed on the progress of Rifts® Northern Gun™ 2 and I have not done so. That’s because I’ve been writing and editing like a man possessed. Consumed with work on this book.

UPDATE: Rifts® Northern Gun™ 2. I pounded through 80 Manuscript pages over the weekend and was on fire. The Robodome, Pirates, Hovercycles and Body Armor are all done. I include the Robodome in the list of material that is done even though most of it was done some time ago. I have gone back into it several times as new ideas come to mind. For example, Chuck Walton had turned in some ideas for my consideration after the Robodome material was done. I reviewed his work on Monday, liked a lot of it, polished and expanded upon some of it, and added 4-5 manuscript pages to the Robodome section.

I think you guys and gals will like all the new material in this book. And not just the new gear. We have slipped in more information and background about the world setting of Ishpeming/Northern Gun and NG customers in the various sections. For example, there is talk about City Rats, the 'Burbs and cultures and ideals that have sprung up around hovercycles. And the artwork from all the artists . . . nice. NG2 is pretty awesome.

Meanwhile, I’ve done work on the amphibious watercraft section, a bit on ground vehicles, a bunch of work on the massive Power Armor section (22 or more power armors so far). I think it’s something like 150 manuscript pages all by itself. Whew. That’s a third of the book. This is the hunk that I want to finish over the next 3 days. Writing is coming well, even awesome at times, but for every few days that I’m hot, there are days where the writing is slow or I must put it aside to deal with other things. That’s the curse of being on both the creative and the business side of things. “If” I can keep up my current pace, and if the rest of the world leaves me alone, we should be in great shape.

I’m praying I don’t catch the flu. It has been sweeping through the office and I seem to have developed a cough. First, freelancer Ben Rodriguez, who uses the office facilities, got sick, and Jeff Burke is out with it right now (he got sick over the weekend).

UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Things are moving along on all fronts as Ninja Division and Palladium put the finishing touches on all kinds of stuff. Dang, this is a freakin’ huge undertaking. Wayne and Jeff (until he got sick) have been sharp and on the ball catching inconsistencies and things that needed to be changed. We sent a pile o’ money to the manufacturer for molds and Wayne and I are speaking with the folks at BattleFoam later this afternoon.

Next up is Wayne selecting articles for The Rifter® #66, and getting the next several books done and to the printer. That includes Megaverse® in Flames™, Graveyard Earth™, Robotech® Expeditionary Force Marines™, the Palladium Fantasy® hardcover and other good stuff.

I was moving slow Monday and had to spend most of my time on business matters and simple edits on Rifts® Northern Gun™ 2. Today has been much of the same, though I’m writing better and more smoothly.

UPDATE: Heroes Unlimited™ Hardcover Edition sales are strong. People seem excited about the Palladium Fantasy® 2nd Edition Hardcover coming out in April. Pre-orders are coming in at a rapid pace. Faster than the HU2 HC did.

Don't forget, this is your last week to take advantage of the Rifter Super Subscription Offer which ends on Friday, February 28, 2014.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... ption.html

Stay warm and game on. I’ve got writing to do. ;)

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Surrogate Santa

© Copyright February 25, 2014 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”