A Working Weekend February 22, 2014

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

A Working Weekend February 22, 2014

Unread post by Kevin »

Working Weekend February 22, 2014

Wayne, Alex and I are working through the weekend to push Rifts® Northern Gun 2 into final production layout. That means a weekend of power writing and editing. As I noted in the Thursday Weekly Update, I’ve been up and down with the writing and editing of NG-2. Some days I’ve been hot and writing like a demon, other days I'm working slowly. The latter is frustrating as all get out.

I think part of the problem was being interrupted with a few business matters and a couple of unexpected problems. Nothing terrible, just things that took my time and interrupted my focus. For a couple days, I think my head was just clogged with numbers. Between game stats, planning budgets, paying bills and scheduling, my head was overflowing and clogged with numbers. I started to unclog on Thursday. Friday was a good day on several levels: I got some good news from a couple of friends, there was movement on a few things, I got a few bargains and I was back to writing well again.

It's Saturday, February 22, and I feel like I’m in the writing zone. I got in at 8:00 AM, put food in the feeder for the birds, reviewed some text before actually diving into writing, and thought I’d write this Murmur before I got too focused on writing NG-2. Writing is all I plan to do all weekend and I'm looking forward to it.

It's 8:45 AM and a blurry-eyed Wayne Smith just arrived. Wayne is definitely not a morning person. I’m lucky to get him in by noon most weekends, but he’s here to prep, clean and size artwork for NG-2 (there’s a ton of it) and start selecting art for The Rifter® #66.

I know I’m pushing myself a bit hard. I feel like I’m fighting off a bug and my back and hip have been bothering me for the last two weeks. The latter means I need to see my chiropractor this morning before he leaves for a well-deserved week-long vacation. The former means I need to call it a day by 7:30 PM no matter what. I’ll try to remember to post updates during the weekend and all next week.

Well, got to get to it. Feeling positive and hungry to write. I love that feeling. I hope you all have a nice weekend. It's sunny but cold up here.

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright February 22, 2014 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”