Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Murmurs from the Megaverse®

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Bruce Willis movies – a guilty pleasure

I have come to realize that Bruce Willis movies are a guilty pleasure for me. I have loved the actor and his movies since his days on TV on Moonlighting. Die Hard remains one of my all-time favorite action movies (or is it a Christmas story?). I’m sorry I missed the latest Die Hardest installment, but I'm delighted I got to see Red 2. Great fun!

On Sunday, Alex and I took a two hour break from Northern Gun One to see Red 2. Loved the first movie, Red, and I have to say, the second is one of those rare, “it’s as good at the first.” I don’t care if the action and gun play is over the top or the characters (and story) are a bit goofy and certainly unrealistic. It works, it's fun and I loved the movie and the central characters. Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren are sublime. Heck, so was Anthony Hopkins and all of the actors.

Maybe I just needed some fun, and action to shake the cobwebs from my head, but I had a good time watching Red 2 and left the theater with a renewed spring in my step. Thanks Bruce, you did it again. It even gave me a boost to my writing. I hope The Wolverine is just as good. Think I’ll see it next.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright July 30, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.