Monday Update – May 13 2013

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Wayne and I were dragging Friday. He, Alex and I were at the office till midnight on Thursday and had put in long hours all week. The past four months have been a wild ride. On one hand, Robotech® RPG Tactics™ has been a blast to conceive, make and present as a Kickstarter. On the other hand, it has been an exhausting and demanding journey.

We have been working harder than ever to make Robotech® RPG Tactics™ truly epic and to get other new product, like Rifts® Northern Gun™ finished and to the printer.

Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is going to be an outstanding expansion of the Robotech RPG game line. I wish you could see the complete rules, dynamic color artwork and all the wonderful sculpts.

As I write this around 6:30 PM Monday, we are approaching $715,000. Wow. The Kickstarter is a thrill-ride for us, but nerve-racking and a lot of work. With this being the last week, I think all our nerves are on edge to see how well it does. The better it does, the more amazing the product line we can unleash.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrp ... -tacticstm

Actually, we feel like we are in motion all the time working on one thing or another. It’s all very exciting and more than a little bit crazy. We were pleased The Rifter® #62 got finished and sent off to the printer last week, and work on Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is coming along very well. What a great book it is going to be.

And that’s the thing, we are on fire when it comes to creativity. We always try to make every issue of The Rifter® fun and worthwhile, but we feel like The Rifter #62 is truly exceptional. I mean that. There is so much immediately useful and “official” material in this issue, it’s incredible. The 28 pages of Castle Stumgard alone, is a great addition to any Fantasy campaign where a castle is appropriate. Not only does it provide dozens and dozens of maps and floor plans, but it also presents population stats, the surrounding City of Caldorne, and hundreds of brief descriptions to get you started. What a great resource. Then there’s the expanded look at using the Climb Skill, and new, official Rifts® Necromancy spells, and new “official” source material for Rifts® Vampires material, the Northern Gun™ Gunbot, cool Heroes Unlimited™ super-being agency, and surprises (like Doc Reid’s illustrated Vampire Survival Guide Sheet). We tried to sneak some humor into this issue. I think people will love this issue of The Rifter®.

That’s my point! Our imaginations are on hyper-drive in everything we do, from The Rifter® to Rifts® Northern Gun™ to Robotech RPG Tactics, and so much more. We are on fire. Expect great things from Palladium in the immediate future and in the long-run.

My thanks to everyone supporting Palladium Books and the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Kickstarter. I hope gamers keep spreading the work and keep pushing to make this one of the most incredible Kickstarters ever. Game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright May 13, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”