Mini-Update April 2, 2013

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is at the printer and looks fantastic.

You can download a FREE sneak preview of Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook from DriveThruRPG.com – as well as order the original Rifts® World Book One: Vampire Kingdoms, among other titles.

Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook remains on track to ship April 12. Yeah, that’s right, next week, Friday. I drove in to approve the proof copy of the cover and interior pages yesterday afternoon. They looked great. I know the book took a long while to see the light of day, but I think you’ll be very, very pleased with it.

Rifts® World Book 22: Free Quebec is also available as a short printing. It had been temporarily unavailable for the last 5-6 weeks.

Monday was catch-up day on several different fronts, including paying bills and taking care of some correspondences. I only came in to work for a few hours over the weekend, and enjoyed a quiet Easter with Kathy. We had intended on inviting a few people over, but I caught some sort of stomach bug on Saturday and was feeling under the weather most of the weekend. Glad to say it has passed and I’m doing fine.

Working on The Rifter #62 today. Back to work on Northern Gun One tomorrow.

Today is my birthday and I was feeling a bit melancholy. That’s unusual for me. I don’t mind getting older, I enjoy being a platinum blonde these days, and birthdays are always a good reason to get together with friends. And who doesn’t like getting gifts, eh? ;) Still, I was feeling kinda blue. Not sure why.

Then, my daughter, Monica, called to wish me a happy birthday and we had a nice telephone call. Then my son, Adam, called and we had a great call. And then my brother and sister-in-law’s gifts arrived, and a few pals called the office, and a few fans called the office, and several text messages came in, and a flood of posts on Facebook, and a dozen emails to wish me a happy birthday. And as I write this it’s only noon! I am one lucky guy to have so many awesome friends and people who care about me. Your warm birthday wishes mean a great deal to me. Thank you so much. Those blues are outta here. :)

Kathy and I will be celebrating with a quiet dinner tonight (knocking off work by 6:30 PM) and then we’ll be celebrating my birthday and Julius Rosenstein’s (April 7), next week sometime, probably Friday.

My thanks to the multitude of Palladium’s fans who always care and support us, and to all my incredible friends. I appreciate and love you all.

And on that note, I’m going to repeat the quote at the end of Brandon Aten’s emails, because it is so true: “Love, it will not betray, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free. Be more like the man you were made to be.”

And game on!
Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright April 2, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”