Mini-Update March 19, 2013

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Mini-Update March 19, 2013

Unread post by Kevin »

Mini-Update March 19, 2013. ;)

Wow, is Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook a great book. I say that from a fan boy point of view. As a Rifts® fan, myself, I’m going crazy over all the material jammed into this sourcebook. I mean there is sooooo much crunchy goodness in Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook that I find myself smiling like an idiot as I'm writing or muttering things like, “oh yeah, they are going to love this.”

That’s the fun part of writing and publishing, to be in the zone and knowing that a book is overflowing with material that your audience is going to love. Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook is going to be as packed with dynamic source material and new information as Rifts® Lemuria was. And it’s not just me, the additional material contributed by Braden Campbell, Matthew Clements, Chris Kluge, and bits from a few others are all excellent. Everyone has been hitting all cylinders on this book.

On a personal level, I’m very much enjoying revisiting the people, places, story lines and ideas I wrote 20 years ago. I think all the updates and story progressions really hit home. Long-time Rifts® fans are going to love it. Gamers new to Rifts® are going to enjoy the rich back story and the epic ideas.

Everything has been updated and tweaked. Much of it completely rewritten and a lot of it is new, and distinctly Rifts®. That’s one reason the book has been expanded to 160 pages and has been taking much longer to write than I had originally anticipated, there is so much new material. And done right. I can hardly wait till the darn book is in your hands. In some ways, to me, the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook has more of the original feel of the old Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms World Book than the Revised version. I think it is because it deals with so many old friends and familiar faces: Doc Reid, Reid’s Rangers, the original founding eight Rangers, Fort Reid, Erin Tarn, Camazotz, Werebeasts, Atlanteans, and others.

I just wish writing wasn’t such a stinking slow process. I had a GREAT last few days. Ideas and words have been flowing like water, but not at the volume I'd love to see. Still, it’s wonderful material and the book is very close to completion. Layout should start any day now.

Other books are coming along. I have artists arting and writers writing.

UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics

This is another product that gets more exciting with every passing day as elements near completion. Art is getting wrapped up, more sculptures are coming in and blowing us away – the Zentraedi Officer’s Pod . . . oh baby – I’m tempted to say it’s my favorite, except there are several others that get my juices flowing just as much. Nice.

Retailers and Distributors at the GAMA Trade Show this week will be the lucky dogs who get to see several of the prototypes in metal. Painted and unpainted I believe. They are displayed at the Ninja Division booth starting today!

That's it for now. Tired and need to head home, and I can't wait to get back to Vampires Sourcebook tomorrow. :)

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright March 19, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”