Mini-Update March 5, 2013

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

It has been a wild ride for months now, but somehow the last several days seemed to speed by even fast. Wayne and I have been nonstop busy, to the point that Wayne and I look like something the cat dragged in, but we have been getting soooo much done: Ads, flyers, press releases, sculpture approvals, writing, editing, assigning art, meetings, phone calls, play testing of Robotech® RPG Tactics™, some brainstorming sessions, dealing with business matters, and more.

Friday we had an excellent telephone conference with Ninja Division. Later that evening I had an inspired meeting with Chuck Walton. We covered many subjects with the focus being on wrapping up the two Northern Gun™ books. I don't think a lot of people don't realize that the art and designs for these books are not just pretty pictures, their is a great deal of thought and consideration in each one to make them fun and unique. I think you'll lover the direction we've taken with them.

The weekend was divided between play testing Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and working on Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. The Vampires Sourcebook is sooo good.

Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is coming along nicely. We’ve seen more excellent sculptures, artwork and designs, we’ve been getting Harmony Gold approvals and everything is moving forward at a good clip. In fact, the latest Destroid that came in the other day is nothing short of gorgeous. I actually got chills looking at it. It’s one of my favorite Destroids and to see the initial sculpt to come in so well done ... wow. The guys from Ninja Division will be heading to the GAMA tradeshow in a couple weeks, so there has been a lot of prep for it and the upcoming Kickstarter campaign. Very exciting.

I spent Monday working out exactly what material goes in each of the two Northern Gun™ books and even did a bit of writing and editing. Wayne and I also did a bunch of promotional and advertising work.

Today was sort of follow-up and catch up day in a number of different areas. Only putting in 12 hours and heading home.

I have a few important telephone calls to make tomorrow. One with one of my favorite artists, another with a potential new Robotech® writer, and the third with a couple of gents from Hollywood. The rest of the time I'll be working on Vampires!

EVERYTHING is moving forward at a good pace on all fronts. Very exciting.

Even heard a bit of promising news about our pal Mike Mumah and sent him a birthday card.

That’s it for now. I think I’ve worked 12-16 hours a day for seven weeks straight now. As long as we can keep going at that pace we should have a nice array of books coming your way soon!

Keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright March 5, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”