Back in the saddle

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Back in the saddle

Unread post by Kevin »

Back in the saddle

You haven’t heard much from me because I was in a writing slump, frustrated and moody.

I’m lucky. I rarely suffer from long bouts of writer’s block, but I do fall into slumps where I’m writing slow and the words are just not flowing. I hate it.

Saturday, I got to the office early and dived right into writing. Unfortunately, it was like pulling teeth. I worked hard at it, but nothing came out easy and the words were garbage. Friday had been much the same. After eight hours of writing junk and getting nowhere, I knocked off early and went home. Arrgh. I decided to take Sunday off to spend the day with Kathy. We ran a few errands, cleaned around the house, made a life-sized zombie for her online store and watched some TV. We capped the night off with the Avengers movie on DVD. I had seen the movie twice, in the theater, and hoped watching it again might inspire me. Man, is that a well written, directed and character driven film (my favorite combination).

The idea was to clear the cobwebs from my head. It seems to have worked.

Yesterday and today, the writing has been coming much better, though I’ve spent a lot of my time getting other things done and out of the way. I have now cleared my slate for non-stop writing. I took care of some legal matters (nothing bad), assigned some artwork, handled some business related things, answered some correspondences, wrote my bio for Anime North, wrote some promotional stuff, wrote this Murmur, and worked with Wayne Smith to get a few, long awaited books back in print – namely Rifts® Aftermath. (I forgot what a good book that is. No wonder it was asked for so often in Christmas Grab Bag orders, but I had none to include.) And Rifts® China 2. More titles will be coming back in print depending on cash flow.

Over the weekend, I did have a wonderful conversation with my old friend and collaborator, Wayne Breaux Jr. I love that guy. Ten minutes into our conversation and it was like no time had passed between us at all. It was just two friends talking. Wayne has some wonderful ideas for Heroes Unlimited™ and Rifts®, and though he does not have the time to finish them himself, he sent me his expansive notes and partial writings to take and run with. Awesome. Everything Wayne Breaux comes up with inspires the heck out of me. He also gave me the greenlight to go ahead with the release of The Atorian Empire sourcebook next year. Cool. The next guy I need to call is Mike Wilson.

I just wish I could divide myself into six of me because I’ve got all kinds of ideas for Heroes Unlimited™ (thanks to Mr. Breaux), the Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Rifts® and Beyond the Supernatural™, among other things, pounding to get out of my skull and released into the world.

Speaking of Heroes Unlimited™, I recently received some manuscript submissions from one of our freelance writers. I haven’t looked at them yet, as I’m trying to stay focused on the projects at hand.

That’s my cue to get back to writing books. Game on.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright January 22, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”