A nice Christmas - December 26, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Christmas was quiet and nice. I hope your holiday was pleasant, too. I stayed home on Christmas. Never even stepped out the door. Kathy made a fabulous breakfast and we exchanged a couple of gifts. As she prepared the evening dinner, I sat in the kitchen causing trouble as I reviewed Surprise Package orders (still coming in strong), watched some TV and chatted. It was fun. Afterward, we made a silly Christmas decoration that's an inside joke and watch some TV together. It was a lot of fun. In between, I exchanged text messages, emails and telephone calls with family and friends.

Late afternoon, Alex came by, and Kathy’s daughter, Tina, her boyfriend, Brandon, and their two big horse dogs, Impala and Lila (sweethearts really), joined us for dinner. After dinner was a period of gift-giving, laughter and antics with the two mooses . . . um . . . I mean, dogs. :)

It all made for a fun, relaxing day. We capped the night off with catching up on some of our favorite shows recorded on the DVR.

I hope all of you also enjoyed holidays filled with tenderness, fun and joy.

As nice as Christmas was, my thoughts often drifted to the families who suffered such tragic losses at the Newtown school shooting, and Mike Mumah in the hospital. In some ways, it made time spent with loved ones seem all the more precious. On the other hand, it left me feeling a bit melancholy at times. My heart just goes out to them.

Mumah report. For those of you who may not have heard, Palladium artist and pal,Mike Mumah, suffered a stroke last weekend. It landed him in the ICU for the holidays. Mike is a young man, so it caught all of us by surprise. There are a number of positive signs, but it is still way too soon for an accurate prognosis on his condition and recovery. Our prayers and well wishes to Mike and his family.

The news of Mike’s stroke and critical condition hit me hard. I had been experiencing a sort of holiday euphoria when the news came and it took the wind completely out of my sails. Ever since I’ve been in a bit of a funk and dragging. I hope Mike and his family will be okay and I hope he recovers as quickly and as completely as possible. We all do.

This morning it was back to the old grind.

I got up at 6:00 AM. Kathy had already been up and working on orders for an hour.

I'm happy that people are pleased the Surprise Package offer has been extended till January 13, 2013, and orders continue to come in at a good pace. See the Special Update for details. In short, we usually extend the offer because we know many of our customers cannot afford to buy one till after the holidays. Others forget to place an order during the holiday activity. Whatever the reason, there always seems to be a good number of people who still want Grab Bags after Christmas. Thus, we extend it for a couple weeks after the holidays so more people can get and enjoy one. Please note that the offer will not be extended beyond this point. Order soon or miss out completely.

http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... ckage.html

Spent much of today catching up with the filling and packing of Surprise Packages, taking care of business and running some errands in the middle of a snowstorm. It is our first big snow of the winter -- 4-7 inches estimated to fall by morning -- so it has been a dreary, cold day.

Wayne’s been working on The Rifter® #61 and I’m about to sit down and do some writing. Alex and Julius are busy in the warehouse.

I hope all of you had a marvelous holiday and are looking forward to a prosperous and exciting new year. More news, thoughts and murmurs to come. Stay positive and game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright December 26, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”