Mystery solved, much joy all week - December 21 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

The mystery behind the Flying Saucer has been solved. It was a gift from artist and friend, Nick Bradshaw. Thanks, Nick. I love it. It’s up on my shelf near the TMNT box set sent to me by writer Braden Campbell a few years back. Very cool and appreciated.

This has been a joyful week and I’m feeling happy and full of good cheer. I’ve been getting phone calls and emails from friends and family from around the world. Which is pretty darn cool! Seriously. My old friend Robyn Stott called this morning from Australia. Others have called or emailed to wish me a Merry Christmas or to say how pleased they are with the holiday gifts I sent. It seems I hit the mark with the presents this year. Awesome! I’ve also received some pretty sweet gifts in the mail, myself. The aforementioned flying saucer, Warehouse 13 from my pals in Canada, Roger and Randi, and some great stuff from my brother, including The Matrix box set on DVD (yeah, I’m still a DVD guy, not Blue Ray), some collectibles and other cool items, and other good stuff coming in. Thank you for thinking of me.

The Palladium offices have also been visited by a number of friends and creators like Matthew Clements and Mark Dudley (I love those two guys) over the past week, and Wayne and I even took three hours off to go see The Hobbit with Matt. By the way, I thought The Hobbit was, for me, the best fantasy movie to date. I enjoyed it more than the Lord of the Rings films (I know, blasphemy), and anxiously look forward to the next two films in the series. And . . . many of you will be glad to hear this, it has inspired me to write new material for the Palladium Fantasy® RPG line. (After the books already in the pipeline, of course.) I walked out of the theater with ideas burning in my head and I had to stop and make notes for future books. Yes, that’s books plural.

The week has been good in many other ways. Nick Bradshaw sent a new artist our way, Tanya J. Ramsey, and she has blown us away with the quality and creativity of her work. Wow. You’ll get to see her work in The Rifter® #61 for the After the Bomb® article. And you can count on seeing a lot more of Tanya in future books. Welcome to the Palladium Family, Tanya.

The Rifter® #61 must be the venue for the ladies to shine, because Amy L. Ashbaugh knocked out a cover that kills! Literally and figuratively. I’d dare say it’s the best painting she’s done to date for anybody. Nice (if you like undead things).

I’ve seen the rough color sketch for the cover to a secret project of mine, it’s looking great too. Not only is the book a secret, but so is the artist. Another new person to the Palladium fold.

I’ll be trying to call a bunch of crowdfunding people that I owe telephone calls to over the weekend as well. I also need to call some old friends near and dear to my heart, like Wayne Breaux and Mark Evans, both of whom I’ve been meaning to call for MONTHS! Just no time. Unlike most of you, I don’t have much of a life outside of work these days. After a 12-15 hour day of work, I just want to veg-out in front of the TV or a magazine for a couple hours before I repeat. Bleh.

Otherwise I'm making progress on many fronts.

Don’t know if I’ll be posting over the weekend, as I hope to get a lot of writing and telephone calls in. To those of you who haven’t finished shopping or wrapping Christmas presents, good luck and you better get to it.

You’ll hear from me on Monday, but let me wish everyone Happy Holidays anyway.

Ho, ho, ho
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Santa of the Megaverse :)

© Copyright December 21, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”