Wednesday Update – December 5 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I don’t want to to spill the beans too much considering the Weekly Update is tomorrow, but it has been a while since I posted, and I didn’t want you to think I was dead or something. ;)

We’ve been working on a lot of good stuff.

Robotech®: The Genesis Pits Sourcebook was finished and sent to the printer on Monday. The guys at Harmony Gold were true to their word and got us final approvals fast. Adding some of their suggestions and changes -- which we agreed with , like stats for Genesis Pit dinosaurs and some salvage tables -- increased the book’s size a bit, topping out at 112 pages, making for a bigger, better book. No price increase; still $16.95. The art is great and the material is fresh. There is a ton of new material I think Robotech® fans will love. I’m waiting to hear from our printer, but the book should ship the week before Christmas. Nice!

Robotech® Tactical RPG contracts have been finalized and signed! Now all parties are putting production into high gear!

I’ve been working on the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook and . . . wow. I think there are parts of this book that will blow people's minds.

I saw the rest of Chuck Walton’s artwork for Rifts® Northern Gun One last night and it is jaw-dropping good. Can hardly wait till I can dive into this book with both feet and finally knock it out. It rocks.

Last Friday, Palladium Books had a visitor from Canada. One of the gents from Anime North, a big (20,000+ people) anime convention held in Toronto in May. I’m one of the first confirmed guests for Anime North 2013. He’s a big Palladium fan, so while in town on some personal business, he came by to visit. We worked out a few details about my coming as a guest and he took me and the Palladium crew to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, DeLuca's. We’ve been working so hard (and through that weekend) that it was very nice to take a short break and do something that wasn’t specifically work at the office.

He got to see the Robotech Genesis Pits text and art just prior to final layout and went bonkers over it. That was good news because he’s a huge Robotech® fan, so it was nice to see such a strong, positive response to the new book. And he wasn’t even seeing the finished product! I was delighted.

We have also been signing and shipping out a zillion books for Christmas Surprise Packages. I am happy to see so many people taking advantage of the Grab Bags. My goal is to put a smile from geting Grab Bags on a record number of Palladium gamers this year. :) Speaking of which, if you want those Surprise Packages in time for the holidays, you better order them soon, especially if you want them to ship at the least expensive cost.

http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... ckage.html

This year there have been a lot of folks asking for (and getting) original artwork (mostly from the ultra-generous Mike Wilson). I’m surprised more people haven’t been asking for the Lemuria Hardcover with the color cover. I think we still have a dozen copies available, but we still have 3 weeks till Christmas and I’m sure they’ll go. We’re down to the last 2-3 Black Market gold editions alotted for Grab Bags.

Meanwhile, after 10-12 hours at work, Kathy and I have been wrapping a truck load of gifts for Palladium’s awesome freelance artists and writers. I try to pick up something for all my main guys and gals to say thank you and happy holidays. (And before someone grumbles about me spending Palladium’s money, I buy the gifts out of my own pocket throughout the year.) I’m a firm believer that people come first, and that it is nice to show those who give Palladium their work and creative energy that they are appreciated.

Keep those imaginations burning and game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Surrogate Santa

© Copyright December 5, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”